Amateur Catholic

We don't write books or do speaking tours.
In fact, we barely do our jobs.
-We're the B-Team of Catholic Bloggers-

This is the home of the Amateur Catholic® bloggers - or as we like to refer to ourselves, the B-team. We don't write books or do speaking tours. In fact, we barely do our jobs. That's not to say we're unambitious though... You see, this coalition is just the second phase our blogoshpere conquest. We suppose you could think of us as amateur crusaders too.

Membership will not bring you any money, perks, notoriety, or prestige - but you will get the privilege of proudly displaying the B-team badge on your blog! Lucky you, huh?

amateurcatholic @ gmail.com

If you are hosting a conference, parish function, or some other event and can not afford the exorbitant fees typically associated with a Professional Catholic®, please contact one of our members. We like to hear ourselves talk just as much as the Professional Catholics® do, we just don't charge you for it. But hey give us a meal, free beer, and a designated driver, and we'll speak about breaking the Da Vinci Code or anything else you might care to hear about.



The B-Team badge is copryright 2006, The B-Team Bloggers®. Of course, we're Amateur Catholics®, so if you use the badge without permission (enrolled membership), we won't hunt you down and make you cough up your hard-earned bucks. Just have fun with it and maybe buy us a beer next time you're in town.

Powered by Blogger


Sunday, March 05, 2006

Hello. My name is Julie D...

*Crowd: "HELLO, JULIE D!"*

... and I'm an Amateur Catholic.

*loud clapping from crowd*

I confess that I do not get paid for my writing ... no matter how hard I've begged.

I confess that I do not get paid for speaking ... although I think there's a good possibility that I might be able to get paid to shut up.

I confess that I sometimes forget to genuflect before entering the pew (oh, wait, that's a different kind of amateur).

I confess that I am not nearly as clever or amusing as the other Amateur Catholics but will try my hardest to keep up with them.

And, ummm, I think that's all.

*sits down, wiping brow*

12 Comments:

At 3/06/2006 11:17 AM, Blogger Hilary Jane Margaret White said...

Hey, you guys look like fun, but I can't join your club!

It's not fair. I'm being unjustly discriminated against because I make my living saying Catholic things on the internet.

It's not my fault. I'm nothing like Mark Shea or Akin. I'm very nice. really! I had a real job but I threw my back out a few years ago. And I didn't know how to do anything else.

It's not fair!

Why should I be a pariah just because of what I do for a living?!

 
At 3/06/2006 11:18 AM, Blogger Hilary Jane Margaret White said...

besides, I happen to know that one of your Amateur Catholics is actually a professional. Tommisar works for a diocesan newspaper!

(Sorry Tom, but I just had to out you...)

 
At 3/06/2006 11:50 AM, Blogger Julie D. said...

TOM ... is this true!?!?!?!?!

*Shock and horror*

 
At 3/06/2006 11:57 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

Tom,

Are you a mole?

At least I was honest about my Crisis affiliation. Tsk.

Maureen

 
At 3/06/2006 12:10 PM, Blogger Rick Lugari said...

Diocesan newspaper! *Gasp*

Ohhh, I remember you. You're the guy who wrote the article about how the Sign of Peace should be considered a sacrament.

 
At 3/06/2006 2:05 PM, Blogger Der Tommissar said...

This is scurrilious rumor.

I don't even think we have a newspaper here. Newsletter maybe.

 
At 3/06/2006 2:29 PM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

I'm beginning to think I'm the only amateur here.

 
At 3/06/2006 2:40 PM, Blogger Hilary Jane Margaret White said...

It's true I tell you! And he admitted it to me in an email just a minute ago.

Don't forget, he's the head of the Evil Trads. Not the head of the Nice Non-Devious Trads.

 
At 3/06/2006 4:09 PM, Blogger ~pen~ said...

der, a diocesan newspaper?

you think you know someone....

(hi jay - i don't believe we've met. i am now famous because i had my picture in a thread with amy welborn, but we are not going to talk about this here in julie's welcome thread.)

mr. lugari, i know what you do at the sign of peace. i've *read* things.

 
At 3/06/2006 4:17 PM, Blogger Rick Lugari said...

;)

 
At 3/06/2006 5:16 PM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

"hi jay - i don't believe we've met"

Nice to meet you. I'm Rick's friend who smells like pee.
;)

 
At 3/08/2006 2:04 PM, Blogger Laura H. said...

haha this reminds me of julie from high school... i knew your personality seemed familiar...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home