Amateur Catholic

We don't write books or do speaking tours.
In fact, we barely do our jobs.
-We're the B-Team of Catholic Bloggers-

This is the home of the Amateur Catholic® bloggers - or as we like to refer to ourselves, the B-team. We don't write books or do speaking tours. In fact, we barely do our jobs. That's not to say we're unambitious though... You see, this coalition is just the second phase our blogoshpere conquest. We suppose you could think of us as amateur crusaders too.

Membership will not bring you any money, perks, notoriety, or prestige - but you will get the privilege of proudly displaying the B-team badge on your blog! Lucky you, huh?

amateurcatholic @ gmail.com

If you are hosting a conference, parish function, or some other event and can not afford the exorbitant fees typically associated with a Professional Catholic®, please contact one of our members. We like to hear ourselves talk just as much as the Professional Catholics® do, we just don't charge you for it. But hey give us a meal, free beer, and a designated driver, and we'll speak about breaking the Da Vinci Code or anything else you might care to hear about.



The B-Team badge is copryright 2006, The B-Team Bloggers®. Of course, we're Amateur Catholics®, so if you use the badge without permission (enrolled membership), we won't hunt you down and make you cough up your hard-earned bucks. Just have fun with it and maybe buy us a beer next time you're in town.

Powered by Blogger


Thursday, November 01, 2007

Don "Bull" Schuck: Amateur Catholic

OK, I think I fall in the “barely able to do my job” category. I’m a former Catholic YM (six years) who is now working as an RF engineer for VZW. As my boss says, we’re all Desktop Engineers, we move the mouse, we type, we move the mouse again. Same as all the other varieties of engineers across the nation. I’ve got six kids and a saintly wife. She’s still struggling with her Baptist roots and her reverence for the Eucharist. Oh, and I ride a bicycle a bunch, as do my kids. The oldest of them races his bicycle and I also shuttle around him and some others to races periodically. I don’t read enough books. I don’t stay up on my stuff enough online. I barely have time to read Mark Shea’s blog every day, much less all the other good stuff out there. My blog ends up mostly about family and cycling, although I do tend to work in stuff every now and then about God in it all. Like I said, I worked in a couple of TX parishes as the YM for a while and I was starting on a MA in Theology but had to drop out for a variety of reasons, so my theology tends to be a bit more empirical than theoretical. Something based in the moment. My blog also has almost no readership and I think I like it that way. You can see my blog at bullschuck.blogspot.com.

If you think I’m worthy, great. If not, that’s fine too. “If it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing badly.” So if you feel I’m shoddy on my blog or dealing with stuff that’s too personal, you’re probably right. I just thought that the idea of guys pointing out that they were second string Catholic bloggers sounded too cool to pass up.

Blessings and such,

Bull

Don "Bull" Schuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home