Amateur Catholic

We don't write books or do speaking tours.
In fact, we barely do our jobs.
-We're the B-Team of Catholic Bloggers-

This is the home of the Amateur Catholic® bloggers - or as we like to refer to ourselves, the B-team. We don't write books or do speaking tours. In fact, we barely do our jobs. That's not to say we're unambitious though... You see, this coalition is just the second phase our blogoshpere conquest. We suppose you could think of us as amateur crusaders too.

Membership will not bring you any money, perks, notoriety, or prestige - but you will get the privilege of proudly displaying the B-team badge on your blog! Lucky you, huh?

amateurcatholic @ gmail.com

If you are hosting a conference, parish function, or some other event and can not afford the exorbitant fees typically associated with a Professional Catholic®, please contact one of our members. We like to hear ourselves talk just as much as the Professional Catholics® do, we just don't charge you for it. But hey give us a meal, free beer, and a designated driver, and we'll speak about breaking the Da Vinci Code or anything else you might care to hear about.



The B-Team badge is copryright 2006, The B-Team Bloggers®. Of course, we're Amateur Catholics®, so if you use the badge without permission (enrolled membership), we won't hunt you down and make you cough up your hard-earned bucks. Just have fun with it and maybe buy us a beer next time you're in town.

Powered by Blogger


Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sheryl H-T: Amateur Catholic

Dear B Team,

I would like to be considered for amateur status. I am both an amateur Catholic and an amateur blogger. I used to be an ordained United Methodist pastor, but 15 years ago I was disabled and God called me to become Catholic--I think for the rosaries (I sleep much better with them) and the sacrament of reconciliation (I keep getting mad at God and it's the best way of "making up" I've ever run into). It's my understanding that with the exception of St. Peter, St. Paul, and St. Augustine, you have to be a cradle Catholic to achieve professional status :).

As for blogging, I've made several attempts to find a blog where some interesting conversation was taking place and so far have not succeeded (the first time it was all teenagers asking "where are you?" Now it's mostly slick sites run by people and companies who fail to make me feel at home--or are terribly serious about things that don't seem so important anymore). I haven't figured out how your site works yet, so I hope you're an exception--even if you are B-rated. If you turn out to be bummers, maybe you'll tell me what the funniest Catholic site is and I'll try it...

Sheryl

http://sherylhtblog.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home