Amateur Catholic

We don't write books or do speaking tours.
In fact, we barely do our jobs.
-We're the B-Team of Catholic Bloggers-

This is the home of the Amateur Catholic® bloggers - or as we like to refer to ourselves, the B-team. We don't write books or do speaking tours. In fact, we barely do our jobs. That's not to say we're unambitious though... You see, this coalition is just the second phase our blogoshpere conquest. We suppose you could think of us as amateur crusaders too.

Membership will not bring you any money, perks, notoriety, or prestige - but you will get the privilege of proudly displaying the B-team badge on your blog! Lucky you, huh?

amateurcatholic @ gmail.com

If you are hosting a conference, parish function, or some other event and can not afford the exorbitant fees typically associated with a Professional Catholic®, please contact one of our members. We like to hear ourselves talk just as much as the Professional Catholics® do, we just don't charge you for it. But hey give us a meal, free beer, and a designated driver, and we'll speak about breaking the Da Vinci Code or anything else you might care to hear about.



The B-Team badge is copryright 2006, The B-Team Bloggers®. Of course, we're Amateur Catholics®, so if you use the badge without permission (enrolled membership), we won't hunt you down and make you cough up your hard-earned bucks. Just have fun with it and maybe buy us a beer next time you're in town.

Powered by Blogger


Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Aaron - Amateur Catholic

Most esteemed Amateurs, I humbly request your recognition as an official member of the B Team.

If I may be so bold, I would like to apply as a Professional Amateur. I know my pride seems to walk before me in making such a request, but I do so because I was, for a time, a professional Catholic. For seven years, I studied for the priesthood and was a member of a religious order. And so, while I was not paid well (temporally speaking), I made large investments in my Professional Amateur Catholic future.

Now, I've lowered myself to pursuing a degree in law, but with a sense of humor as much of a Catholic sensibility as I can. I'm also a husband and father of three, though we lost two of them too soon. I started a blog during Lent this past year and revamped it this fall. The blog is todustyoushallreturn.wordpress.com. Now moved to http://catholicbookreport.wordpress.com/ Stop by and look around. I write about a variety of things, but mainly about seeing things through a Catholic lens. It's a nice respite for me from the drudgery of law books. I hope it provides the same refreshment for you.

In Him,
Aaron

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home