Amateur Catholic

We don't write books or do speaking tours.
In fact, we barely do our jobs.
-We're the B-Team of Catholic Bloggers-

This is the home of the Amateur Catholic® bloggers - or as we like to refer to ourselves, the B-team. We don't write books or do speaking tours. In fact, we barely do our jobs. That's not to say we're unambitious though... You see, this coalition is just the second phase our blogoshpere conquest. We suppose you could think of us as amateur crusaders too.

Membership will not bring you any money, perks, notoriety, or prestige - but you will get the privilege of proudly displaying the B-team badge on your blog! Lucky you, huh?

amateurcatholic @ gmail.com

If you are hosting a conference, parish function, or some other event and can not afford the exorbitant fees typically associated with a Professional Catholic®, please contact one of our members. We like to hear ourselves talk just as much as the Professional Catholics® do, we just don't charge you for it. But hey give us a meal, free beer, and a designated driver, and we'll speak about breaking the Da Vinci Code or anything else you might care to hear about.



The B-Team badge is copryright 2006, The B-Team Bloggers®. Of course, we're Amateur Catholics®, so if you use the badge without permission (enrolled membership), we won't hunt you down and make you cough up your hard-earned bucks. Just have fun with it and maybe buy us a beer next time you're in town.

Powered by Blogger


Monday, March 06, 2006

Hi. My name is Jay ...

... and I'm not particularly witty. Nor am I particularly funny. Nor, for that matter, am I very original. And, to be quite honest, I'm not really sure why I've been asked to be a part of the Amateur Catholic coalition of B-Team bloggers.

In fact, the only reason that I am an Amateur Catholic, apart from the fact that no one in their right mind would pay me for my opinions or knowledge regarding things Catholic, is the fact that I happen to know Rick.

You see, I'm sorta like the kid down the street who smelled like pee, but who got to hang around with you and your friends because your mother made you play with him. Or, if you prefer, I'm sorta like the homely chick that you wingmen have to deal with so that your better-looking buddy can score with her hot friend.

Rick, on the other hand, is funny, witty and original. As are the other members of the B-Team: Julie, Maureen, and Tom. So, I suppose that if you'd like to "score" with Rick's, Julie's, Maureen's, and Tom's humor, you have to abide the "also-ran" aspect of my brand of commentary.*


*I've been told that my commentary is full of "pith". But the person who told me that had a lisp, so I'm not sure what point he was trying to make.


UPDATE:
And, since everyone else seems to be plugging their blogs in their introductory posts, you can read my "also-ran" brand of commentary at Pro Ecclesia*Pro Familia*Pro Civitate.

9 Comments:

At 3/06/2006 2:29 PM, Blogger Hilary Jane Margaret White said...

oooo oooo

no FAIR!!!

I want to play too!

No one ever lets me play on their team!

And I'm really nice.

very very amateurish. Haven't had a speaking gig in years.

 
At 3/06/2006 3:06 PM, Blogger Der Tommissar said...

And I'm really nice.

Words. Fail. Me.

 
At 3/06/2006 3:57 PM, Blogger Julie D. said...

Wow Jay ... way to self deprecate. Made me look like I'm practically boasting. :-D

 
At 3/06/2006 4:10 PM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

I figure it's better to go ahead and lower expectations right up front, rather than disappoint later.

 
At 3/06/2006 4:16 PM, Blogger Rick Lugari said...

Yeah, that was beyond self deprecation, it was more akin to self defecation.

And FTR, you don't usually smell like pee and you've never been an outsider.

 
At 3/06/2006 5:11 PM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

"... that was beyond self deprecation, it was more akin to self defecation."

So, you're saying I smell like sh**?

 
At 3/06/2006 6:21 PM, Blogger Rick Lugari said...

haha :)

 
At 3/06/2006 8:53 PM, Blogger Julie D. said...

I've been told that my commentary is full of "pith"

... and vinegar?

 
At 3/06/2006 9:31 PM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

I almost added that, Julie. But I figured intelligent folks like yourself would come up with it on their own.
;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home