Amateur Catholic

We don't write books or do speaking tours.
In fact, we barely do our jobs.
-We're the B-Team of Catholic Bloggers-

This is the home of the Amateur Catholic® bloggers - or as we like to refer to ourselves, the B-team. We don't write books or do speaking tours. In fact, we barely do our jobs. That's not to say we're unambitious though... You see, this coalition is just the second phase our blogoshpere conquest. We suppose you could think of us as amateur crusaders too.

Membership will not bring you any money, perks, notoriety, or prestige - but you will get the privilege of proudly displaying the B-team badge on your blog! Lucky you, huh?

amateurcatholic @ gmail.com

If you are hosting a conference, parish function, or some other event and can not afford the exorbitant fees typically associated with a Professional Catholic®, please contact one of our members. We like to hear ourselves talk just as much as the Professional Catholics® do, we just don't charge you for it. But hey give us a meal, free beer, and a designated driver, and we'll speak about breaking the Da Vinci Code or anything else you might care to hear about.



The B-Team badge is copryright 2006, The B-Team Bloggers®. Of course, we're Amateur Catholics®, so if you use the badge without permission (enrolled membership), we won't hunt you down and make you cough up your hard-earned bucks. Just have fun with it and maybe buy us a beer next time you're in town.

Powered by Blogger


Saturday, July 29, 2006

Fr. Pat: Amateur Catholic

Hello.

I would like to apply for membership in the B-Team. Being a busy
priest, I really cannot even aspire to join the A-Team, even if such a
thing were desireable. My blog is mostly my homilies, sometimes my
spritual ruminations, and sometimes even my reaction to current news
(although rarely is it that...). I often feel guilty (which makes me
very Catholic, of course, but I digress) about the fact that I don't
start liturgical wars on my blog, or get conservatives -- or liberals --
angry enough to burn down the place that houses the server for my blog
(wherever that may be, God only knows), but then I usually get over it.
Is that amateur enough for you?

Fr. Pat

My blog: Caritas Christi Urget Nos at http://blogs.patmulcahy.net
Yepp. Amateurish enough for me. Welcome to the B-Team Fr. Pat. I love the thought of having priest and religious amateur Catholics around. Be sure to remember your fellow B-Teamers in your prayers. ;)

Update:
Hello!

You just added my blog, Caritas Christi Urget Nos, to the directory.
Somehow, I was distracted (probably by being ordained or something) and
let my domain name lapse, and now I can't renew it. So I have a new
domain name now, and you'll find my blog intact at
http://blog.fathermulcahy.com -- sorry for the inconvenience.

Fr. Pat
All updated Fr. Pat, thanks for the heads-up.

2 Comments:

At 8/05/2006 2:09 AM, Blogger Curmudgeon said...

Rick, can a priest really be an "amateur Catholic?" I mean, they're paid about like amateurs, but nonetheless, they are professionials.

Just wondering.

--Curmudgeon.

 
At 8/05/2006 10:12 PM, Blogger Rick Lugari said...

Hi Curmudgeon. We've dealt with this topic early on but briefly it's like this. The concept of the Amateur vs Professional Catholic thing was born from a combox discussion Der Tommissar was in when he proffered the notion that some bloggers are professional Catholics, in the sense that their Catholicism is their profession - they make their living by being Catholic. It's a fine distinction, I know, but that is the root of all this. Just a bunch of people having fun about their status as people who are still proud to be Catholic and bloggers but don't make a living from it.

The other thing to consider is what we would do if Jesus asked to join? Should we say "Sorry, but You're about as Professional of a Catholic as can be."? I think not! Well, whenever one of His priests ask to join, it's Jesus asking to join...at least in my book it is. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home