Amateur Catholic

We don't write books or do speaking tours.
In fact, we barely do our jobs.
-We're the B-Team of Catholic Bloggers-

This is the home of the Amateur Catholic® bloggers - or as we like to refer to ourselves, the B-team. We don't write books or do speaking tours. In fact, we barely do our jobs. That's not to say we're unambitious though... You see, this coalition is just the second phase our blogoshpere conquest. We suppose you could think of us as amateur crusaders too.

Membership will not bring you any money, perks, notoriety, or prestige - but you will get the privilege of proudly displaying the B-team badge on your blog! Lucky you, huh?

amateurcatholic @ gmail.com

If you are hosting a conference, parish function, or some other event and can not afford the exorbitant fees typically associated with a Professional Catholic®, please contact one of our members. We like to hear ourselves talk just as much as the Professional Catholics® do, we just don't charge you for it. But hey give us a meal, free beer, and a designated driver, and we'll speak about breaking the Da Vinci Code or anything else you might care to hear about.



The B-Team badge is copryright 2006, The B-Team Bloggers®. Of course, we're Amateur Catholics®, so if you use the badge without permission (enrolled membership), we won't hunt you down and make you cough up your hard-earned bucks. Just have fun with it and maybe buy us a beer next time you're in town.

Powered by Blogger


Sunday, October 08, 2006

Jeff Tan: Amateur Catholic

Hello, B-Team!

I've been blogging to myself for some time now, and it's time to spread my horrible blogging around. :-)

I'm a father of three, husband of one (whew!) Filipino (of Chinese descent) migrant to Australia. Does that make for interesting takes on western society? I don't know, but I can promise that I come up with weird ideas from time to time. Just ask my wife.

When I started the blog, I was all set to focus on my pet topic (back then), which was Christian Unity (hence the name of the blog). I've found out since then that it's sooooo easy to blog about other things too, and now I'm a confused wretch.

I also have a PhD in computer science, which so far amounts to practically nothing in apologetics value, but God got me here so there there has to be A Reason, right?

I'm also involved with the Catholics-on-Campus movement at Monash University, taking care of the website (which is functional but no great shakes) and hoping to get things started at one of the satellite campuses.

So.. am I in or do I have to grovel?

regards,

Jeff Tan
http://onebread.blogspot.com

No need for grovelling, Jeff, we're happy to have you. Welcome aboard!

1 Comments:

At 10/10/2006 9:28 AM, Blogger Jeff Tan said...

Ah.. too late. Offer's been turned down, but no need to have gotten your hopes up. Given the non-traffic at my blog, there's little I can do to make you feel any sorrier for me. :-P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home