Amateur Catholic

We don't write books or do speaking tours.
In fact, we barely do our jobs.
-We're the B-Team of Catholic Bloggers-

This is the home of the Amateur Catholic® bloggers - or as we like to refer to ourselves, the B-team. We don't write books or do speaking tours. In fact, we barely do our jobs. That's not to say we're unambitious though... You see, this coalition is just the second phase our blogoshpere conquest. We suppose you could think of us as amateur crusaders too.

Membership will not bring you any money, perks, notoriety, or prestige - but you will get the privilege of proudly displaying the B-team badge on your blog! Lucky you, huh?

amateurcatholic @ gmail.com

If you are hosting a conference, parish function, or some other event and can not afford the exorbitant fees typically associated with a Professional Catholic®, please contact one of our members. We like to hear ourselves talk just as much as the Professional Catholics® do, we just don't charge you for it. But hey give us a meal, free beer, and a designated driver, and we'll speak about breaking the Da Vinci Code or anything else you might care to hear about.



The B-Team badge is copryright 2006, The B-Team Bloggers®. Of course, we're Amateur Catholics®, so if you use the badge without permission (enrolled membership), we won't hunt you down and make you cough up your hard-earned bucks. Just have fun with it and maybe buy us a beer next time you're in town.

Powered by Blogger


Saturday, March 04, 2006

Membership application

If you are Catholic and a blogger, but you don't make any money off your Catholicism, you're automatically an Amateur Catholic®. However, to be recognized by your peers as an Amateur Catholic®, you should be registered and sport the B-Team badge®.

The thing is that there are different levels of Amateur Catholics. Some people have been Amateur Catholics for a long time and know the ropes of blogging for fun and friendship. Others are fairly new to blogging or just haven't found their niche yet (what else would you expect from an amateur amateur?). Anyway...

We have the Charter Members already, and there are a few Professional Amateurs in the works, but what we would like to do is create some value to the status of being an Amateur Catholic® and have a criteria for placement of applicants.

To enroll as an Amateur Amateur all you have to do is drop us a line with your details. To be enrolled as a Professional Amature, drop us a line and tell us why you deserve that honor. Please be light-hearted and make it fun. All entries are subject to being posted here (so make it good, that way we all can enjoy it).

Our email is amateurcatholic@gmail.com

Happy blogging.




About Amateur Catholic
Get your B-Team badge code
Get your B-Team blogroll code

23 Comments:

At 3/06/2006 2:13 PM, Blogger Fidei Defensor said...

Wonderful stuff Rick! My blogging is done for the 40 days of Lent but with Easter I'll be back in full force! I do indeed blog for fun and friendship. I'm glad to see you might be blogging again to. The only thing I ever make money from is sweeping floors at UPS, blogging has come at the expense of homework more often than not, and I would't have it anyother way.

Additionaly I actually was on the B team for freshman football, and I didn't start on that either. I am as ameteur as it gets!

 
At 3/06/2006 2:13 PM, Blogger Fidei Defensor said...

Wonderful stuff Rick! My blogging is done for the 40 days of Lent but with Easter I'll be back in full force! I do indeed blog for fun and friendship. I'm glad to see you might be blogging again to. The only thing I ever make money from is sweeping floors at UPS, blogging has come at the expense of homework more often than not, and I would't have it anyother way.

Additionaly I actually was on the B team for freshman football, and I didn't start on that either. I am as ameteur as it gets!

 
At 3/06/2006 7:31 PM, Blogger Rick Lugari said...

Well, FD...you'll be on the blogroll anyway, bud. ;)

 
At 3/06/2006 9:28 PM, Blogger Fidei Defensor said...

whoops didn't mean to post twice

 
At 3/06/2006 10:08 PM, Blogger Venerable Aussie said...

At last, the Resurrection of the City of God. (I knew they couldn't keep a good man down!)

Let me know when you're putting the "C" team together.

 
At 3/06/2006 10:14 PM, Blogger Venerable Aussie said...

Just another thought:

This isn't just a ploy to increase your collective chances of pulling in one of those coveted Blog Awards, is it?

 
At 3/06/2006 10:32 PM, Blogger Rick Lugari said...

Hah! You got it, mate! This is but Phase II of The Plan®. ;)

 
At 3/07/2006 1:16 AM, Blogger Lucy said...

Rick, this is so cool. What a great idea.

 
At 3/07/2006 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not even a blogger although I have tried without success to become one. I have a problem with filling in the blanks on the start up form! Now isn't that pathetic? Anyway I'd like to be on the B team. I have been known to bloviate on the subject of Catholicism but mostly to my patient husband. I haven't annoyed the whole world or even attempted it. But as I am very articulate and have more time than money I could become better and better.

 
At 3/08/2006 6:19 AM, Blogger Rick Lugari said...

Thanks Ducky, but I can't take the blame for this. It's just the results of 5 nobodies having fun...

Well, Sue, I don't think there's anything in the by-laws that says you have to be a blogger even the the definition of a B-Team Catholic blogger sort of demands it. Anyway, if you're with us in spirit, I guess you could consider yourself in.

Just don't go selling out on us...

;)

 
At 3/08/2006 10:43 AM, Blogger Jacob said...

Rick... tsk tsk.

Though I can't say I'd be able to hang up my blogging gloves either. Maybe for a week or a month, but not permanently.

 
At 3/08/2006 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have submitted my application to amateurcatholic@gmail.com

I hope to see my blog "Orthodoxy - right teachings for a right moral compass" on the B-list. Right now, I consider myself a D-lister, only getting hits from a few friends (not even family), as well as some of the Yahoo! msg board people I argue with.

 
At 3/08/2006 12:18 PM, Blogger Lisa Noonan said...

I laughed my tail off. Still am...

I'm so B that I can't even find a rhythm in blogging, and that *proves* my amateur status.

 
At 3/09/2006 5:56 AM, Blogger Kiwi Nomad said...

I used to be in the B team at school for netball once. I think they put me there for 'social reasons' as I was too old for the C team. In Catholic blogging terms I can't quite manage the B team though. Will have to invent the C team one day for those who have fallen off the edges. But just so you don't think only the Amy Welborns of the world are the only ones ever to get to Rome, I am going to be there in all my lapsedness for Easter :)

 
At 3/09/2006 6:50 PM, Blogger Ron Rolling said...

You dog!

Brilliant!

 
At 7/05/2006 6:14 PM, Blogger Jovan-Marya Weismiller, T.O.Carm. said...

Hey, if The Curmudgeon, Recta Ratio and Funkydung are good enough for you, I should be able to qualify as well. Put me on the list and I'll be proud to sport the B-Team logo!!

Jovan-Marya Weismiller
http://jovan66102.blogspost.com
The New Crusade

 
At 12/17/2006 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Count me in! I have visited so many of these blogs, wondering what the 'B team' was, and now, I'm honored to be asking for you to include me on the B list.
I just started blogging a couple of months ago, and love the company of my Catholic blogger friends.
Leticia Velasquez
http://causanostraelaetitiae.blogspot.com/
http://cause-of-our-joy.blogspot.com/

 
At 2/10/2007 10:59 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I would love to be on the B Team! Credentials you say . . .? Well, my brother-in-law writes Seeking Justice and has mini-blog battles with Mark Shea concerning the death penalty and torture. That makes me twice removed from an A Team blogger which in my opinion fully qualifies me for B Team status!

www.morialives.blogspot.com

 
At 2/21/2007 6:54 AM, Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

After months of considering it - oops, it's Lent and I gave up lying and cracking my knuckles - after stumbling across you once again after thinking I should join several times before but never getting off my pew occupier and actually doing something about it, I request membership in the B Team.

Lee Strong - View from the choir - http://backpew.blogspot.com/

Now, If I'm accepted into your hallowed ranks, could someone tell me how to post the B Team logo (I really am an amateur blogger even after doing it for almost two years!)

As for credentials - I was a runner-up in the Catholic Blog Awards last year for most Bizarre Post ...

 
At 3/28/2007 9:57 PM, Blogger The Estrogen Files said...

I must be slow - what is the difference between pro amateur and amateur amateur?

 
At 9/26/2007 10:26 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I want to sign up.

donanobispachem.blogspot.com


Kat.

 
At 11/18/2007 9:40 AM, Blogger Carol said...

I want to sign up please. I've addded your code to my blog! : )

anawtymouser.blogspot.com

Carol

 
At 5/01/2008 12:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am so intrigued by this Amateur Catholic idea. I initially considered my self an Amateur Catholic. But actually, as a teacher in a Catholic school, I suppose I am a professional Catholic. But I am totally in the minor leagues.
Got a logo for that?

Considering starting a blog with a Catholic focus - I am sure I will be back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home