Amateur Catholic

We don't write books or do speaking tours.
In fact, we barely do our jobs.
-We're the B-Team of Catholic Bloggers-

This is the home of the Amateur Catholic® bloggers - or as we like to refer to ourselves, the B-team. We don't write books or do speaking tours. In fact, we barely do our jobs. That's not to say we're unambitious though... You see, this coalition is just the second phase our blogoshpere conquest. We suppose you could think of us as amateur crusaders too.

Membership will not bring you any money, perks, notoriety, or prestige - but you will get the privilege of proudly displaying the B-team badge on your blog! Lucky you, huh?

amateurcatholic @ gmail.com

If you are hosting a conference, parish function, or some other event and can not afford the exorbitant fees typically associated with a Professional Catholic®, please contact one of our members. We like to hear ourselves talk just as much as the Professional Catholics® do, we just don't charge you for it. But hey give us a meal, free beer, and a designated driver, and we'll speak about breaking the Da Vinci Code or anything else you might care to hear about.



The B-Team badge is copryright 2006, The B-Team Bloggers®. Of course, we're Amateur Catholics®, so if you use the badge without permission (enrolled membership), we won't hunt you down and make you cough up your hard-earned bucks. Just have fun with it and maybe buy us a beer next time you're in town.

Powered by Blogger


Monday, March 13, 2006

B-Team Blogroll

We now have the code available for adding the B-Team Blogroll to you your sidebar. So far, we're offering to display options (though you can always create your own look if you know how).

The basic code for displaying the B-Team Blogroll which uses your default background and link colors/settings is as follows:

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="http://rpc.blogrolling.com/display.php?r=2c873209022b1f6ab1261e34b2eccc61"> </script>

If you want the custom blogroll that matches the B-Team badge, like the one in our side bar, use this code:

<style>
.blogrollmain{
width:152px;
margin:5px;
padding:1px;
border-top:6px solid #8deafb;
border-right:6px solid #57b4ed;
border-bottom:6px solid #46a3dc;
border-left:6px solid #7ad8fc;
background:#69c6ff;
font-family:Georgia, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif;
font-size:12px;
text-align:left;
}
.blogrollmain a{
display:block;
margin:1px;
padding:3px;
border-top:1px solid #cde;
border-left:1px solid #cde;
background:#69c6ff;
color: #3500ff;
font-weight: bold;
text-decoration: none;
}
.blogrollmain a:hover{
border-top:1px solid #def;
border-left:1px solid #def;
background:#ffff00;
color: #3500ff;
text-decoration: none;
}
.blogrollmain a:visited{
border-top:1px solid #def;
border-left:1px solid #def;
color: #3a39ff;
}

.blogrollmain br{
display:none;
}
</style>

<br>
<center><script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="http://rpc.blogrolling.com/display.php?r=2c873209022b1f6ab1261e34b2eccc61"> </script></center>

Just don't forget to backup your template before making any changes.

About Amateur Catholic
Membership
B-Team badge code

11 Comments:

At 3/14/2006 9:10 AM, Blogger Christine the Soccer Mom said...

Thanks so much! I don't know if it was just me, but I got some very FUNKY stuff with the second code. My original blogroll had a pretty blue background, and the logo wasn't there, and the blog names were stretched across the sidebar.

Oh, well. I just used the other one. :)

Thanks so much to the less ameteur folks who provided that code to us know-nothings!

 
At 3/14/2006 9:25 AM, Blogger Rick Lugari said...

Yesterday, Jay brought to my attention that the code transformed his existing blogroll too (It had been using his default settings.

I didn't have that problem on the templates I used to design it because this is the only Blogrolling blogroll I use.

I started playing around to see if there is a way to isolate the setting to a particular blogroll but haven't been able to follow through on it.

Mind you, I'm even more of an amateur at html that I am at being a Catholic, so I don't know I will be able to come up with something or not.

If anyone knows a way of working around blogrolling's blogrollmain class apply to all blogrolls on the page, please let me know. I won't be able to mess around with this until later this evening if at all today.

Thanks

 
At 3/14/2006 2:03 PM, Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

It worked fine on mine, although it did make my original Blogroll look just like the B Team one, with the boxes and all. Actually I like it better this way as the text is a little smaller than my default template. I guess this is the issue Rick was talking about?

 
At 3/14/2006 2:41 PM, Blogger Rick Lugari said...

Yes, Barb. Unless I can figure out a way of "chumping" the settings any formatting code will be applied to every blogrolling blogroll.

 
At 3/14/2006 3:58 PM, Blogger ~pen~ said...

rick, you do so much for the b-team. are you sure you are not getting paid?

 
At 3/14/2006 8:17 PM, Blogger Rick Lugari said...

I'm not doing much here, penni. I'm on hiatus, don't ya know...

Oh...and I only I could get paid to blog. Of course, then they's have to strip me of my B-Team status, so I couldn't do that. ;)

 
At 3/15/2006 12:13 PM, Blogger RLM said...

I justed wanted to thank you guys for putting this all together. For a project by a bunch of B Team amateurs, the Blog Roll effort was a great job. Even for pros, come to think of it.

 
At 3/16/2006 6:52 AM, Blogger Carol ReMarks said...

LOL Belay my last.

I just sent an email asking for this very information. Thank you.

 
At 3/16/2006 9:40 AM, Blogger The Crescat said...

WHAT?! you expect a bunch of amatuers to know what the hell blog rolling is? LOL

 
At 3/19/2006 10:03 AM, Blogger Sir Galen of Bristol said...

Got it! Works great!

 
At 3/21/2006 1:15 PM, Blogger The Crescat said...

no really... what's blog rolling?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home