Amateur Catholic

We don't write books or do speaking tours.
In fact, we barely do our jobs.
-We're the B-Team of Catholic Bloggers-

This is the home of the Amateur Catholic® bloggers - or as we like to refer to ourselves, the B-team. We don't write books or do speaking tours. In fact, we barely do our jobs. That's not to say we're unambitious though... You see, this coalition is just the second phase our blogoshpere conquest. We suppose you could think of us as amateur crusaders too.

Membership will not bring you any money, perks, notoriety, or prestige - but you will get the privilege of proudly displaying the B-team badge on your blog! Lucky you, huh?

amateurcatholic @ gmail.com

If you are hosting a conference, parish function, or some other event and can not afford the exorbitant fees typically associated with a Professional Catholic®, please contact one of our members. We like to hear ourselves talk just as much as the Professional Catholics® do, we just don't charge you for it. But hey give us a meal, free beer, and a designated driver, and we'll speak about breaking the Da Vinci Code or anything else you might care to hear about.



The B-Team badge is copryright 2006, The B-Team Bloggers®. Of course, we're Amateur Catholics®, so if you use the badge without permission (enrolled membership), we won't hunt you down and make you cough up your hard-earned bucks. Just have fun with it and maybe buy us a beer next time you're in town.

Powered by Blogger


Saturday, March 18, 2006

Moneybags: Amateur Catholic

Greetings! I am a younger Roman Catholic from the United States dedicated to serving Christ. In my parish I am a lector and an extraordinary minister of Holy Communion. It was in 2002 when I began attending Catholic Masses, and I instantly new the truth - that Jesus was in the Mass and the Catholic faith. Finally, the day came in 2004 at the Easter Vigil when I was baptized, confirmed, and received the true Body and Blood of my Savior.

Since then I began to attempt to fulfill Pope John Paul ll's call for a new evangelization. I began discussing and defending the Catholic faith against pagans, atheists, and protestants on numerous message boards. Some, including Christianity.about.com are filled with hate-filled messages and cold-hearted people. In June 2002, I decided to turn my focus from message boards into a website. I decided on a blog. This seemed the answer to my desire to serve Christ by spreading the Gospel message. And since that day in late June when I started my blog, I have posted over 800 articles across three blogs and received hundreds and hundreds of compliments and comments from good, honest people. Some have found a deeper love for Christ. Some have decided to begin to return to the Sacraments. And some remained non-Catholic but gained an appreciate for the beauty of our faith unlike before.

This experience has strengthened my faith and helped me not only understand the faith, but live it. I try to post many prayers each day online in the hope that people will see them and grow in a deeper and true personal love for Our Lord. Just a few months ago I decided to answer God's call - I decided to become a priest. In just a few years I will start on that road, but with all of my blogging friends I know that my journey will not be alone with you behind me and Christ before me.

God Bless

Moneybags

http://acatholiclife.blogspot.com
Hey Moneybags, glad to have you among us. Welcome to the B-Team!

1 Comments:

At 3/18/2006 10:45 PM, Blogger Matthew said...

Thanks for the honor, Rick.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home