Amateur Catholic

We don't write books or do speaking tours.
In fact, we barely do our jobs.
-We're the B-Team of Catholic Bloggers-

This is the home of the Amateur Catholic® bloggers - or as we like to refer to ourselves, the B-team. We don't write books or do speaking tours. In fact, we barely do our jobs. That's not to say we're unambitious though... You see, this coalition is just the second phase our blogoshpere conquest. We suppose you could think of us as amateur crusaders too.

Membership will not bring you any money, perks, notoriety, or prestige - but you will get the privilege of proudly displaying the B-team badge on your blog! Lucky you, huh?

amateurcatholic @ gmail.com

If you are hosting a conference, parish function, or some other event and can not afford the exorbitant fees typically associated with a Professional Catholic®, please contact one of our members. We like to hear ourselves talk just as much as the Professional Catholics® do, we just don't charge you for it. But hey give us a meal, free beer, and a designated driver, and we'll speak about breaking the Da Vinci Code or anything else you might care to hear about.



The B-Team badge is copryright 2006, The B-Team Bloggers®. Of course, we're Amateur Catholics®, so if you use the badge without permission (enrolled membership), we won't hunt you down and make you cough up your hard-earned bucks. Just have fun with it and maybe buy us a beer next time you're in town.

Powered by Blogger


Thursday, March 16, 2006

dilexitprior: Amateur Catholic

email #1 - Can I join the team?!

Why do I qualify as a B-Team member?

1. Blogging is my ultimate form of procrastinating. I'm a university
student. I need healthy forms of procrastination. St. Blog's has served
that purpose for me for this past academic year. Too bad I didn't discover
it until my third year of university. If it wasn't for things such as
applying for the B-Team, how else would I put off those essays I should be
writing right now? Right now as we speak. Oh yeah... that's why there are
three dozen books lying on the floor around my desk.

2. I get into conversations in com boxes, pretend I know what I'm talking
about, and then step back and realize how ignorant and how stupid I really
am. It's good to be reminded of how little you know.

3. I once was a stats addict. I was excited the first day I passed 100
visitors. Granted, my sister visited my blog twenty times that day. She
must have been bored. It only happened once.

4. My parents know more of what is going on in my life by reading my blog
than talking to me! That being said, I don't live with my parents.

5. cf. 1.

Appendix: I just wasted an extra half hour reading through everyone else's
e-mails sent in applying for the B-Team instead of studying for my Spanish
Literature test tomorrow .

email #2 - Another reason

This is apparently the definitive reason: I'm so absent minded I forgot to
include my blog name and address in the orginal e-mail.

Letters from a Young Catholic
www.dilexitprior.blogpsot.com
If that wasn't enough to gain membership, notice that our young amateur misspelled her own blogpsot address. That's okay though, I made it point to the right place. ;)

Welcome to the B-Team, dilexitprior!

3 Comments:

At 3/17/2006 1:03 AM, Blogger Fidei Defensor said...

You and I have much in common sir!

 
At 3/17/2006 1:04 AM, Blogger Fidei Defensor said...

Ok I screwed that one up bad with the "sir" I guess one can only blame the sexist patrichary of the Church. Read the Da Vinci code it will reveal all!

Hahaha

 
At 3/18/2006 12:17 AM, Blogger DP said...

I guess I have proven in many ways my qualifications for this team... including my lack of proofing e-mails, posts, and comments before sending them with significant typos.

As for you, Fidei Defensor, I can't say that I've ever been called "sir" before. I'll have to read the Da Vinci code to figure that one out. At least I know where to look for answers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home