Amateur Catholic

We don't write books or do speaking tours.
In fact, we barely do our jobs.
-We're the B-Team of Catholic Bloggers-

This is the home of the Amateur Catholic® bloggers - or as we like to refer to ourselves, the B-team. We don't write books or do speaking tours. In fact, we barely do our jobs. That's not to say we're unambitious though... You see, this coalition is just the second phase our blogoshpere conquest. We suppose you could think of us as amateur crusaders too.

Membership will not bring you any money, perks, notoriety, or prestige - but you will get the privilege of proudly displaying the B-team badge on your blog! Lucky you, huh?

amateurcatholic @ gmail.com

If you are hosting a conference, parish function, or some other event and can not afford the exorbitant fees typically associated with a Professional Catholic®, please contact one of our members. We like to hear ourselves talk just as much as the Professional Catholics® do, we just don't charge you for it. But hey give us a meal, free beer, and a designated driver, and we'll speak about breaking the Da Vinci Code or anything else you might care to hear about.



The B-Team badge is copryright 2006, The B-Team Bloggers®. Of course, we're Amateur Catholics®, so if you use the badge without permission (enrolled membership), we won't hunt you down and make you cough up your hard-earned bucks. Just have fun with it and maybe buy us a beer next time you're in town.

Powered by Blogger


Thursday, April 20, 2006

Usceae: Amateur Catholic

Hi, B-Team.

Would you please consider putting me down as an Amateur Amateur? I started a blog (www.usceae.blogspot.com) several days ago. Usceae stands for 'Unam Sanctam Catholicam et Apostolicam Ecclesiam'.

Usceae is also a nom de plume because I happen to be a Roman Catholic Christian living in a Muslim majority country, and the purpose of the blog is to discuss, in an open fashion (but without abuse) the experience of Christian living in a non-Christian environment (either majority non-Christian religious, or secular, depending on what the topical need appears to be). This cannot easily be done in the mainstream media where I live. As I do have a family, and commitments, and as freedom of speech and religion in my country is not as open as it is in the west (but not, I should mention, zero), I have chosen not to be identified on my blog, at this time. If you'd have a look at it, and see if it meets your standards, I'd be grateful.

My blog might also add an interesting Eastern dimension to the B-Team, since my perspectives are probably different from yours, notwithstanding we share the same faith. So, if you'll pardon my lack of significant writing skill, it might be fun.

To close, I probably should mention that I am not (as far as I can tell) a victim of persecution (although there is certainly subtle persecution of the Church in my country). Just an 'ordinary Joe' (I believe the phrase is) trying to make a contribution to the Kingdom of Christ.

Warm regards.
Yours in Christ,
Usceae
www.usceae.blogspot.com
Congratulations, Usceae, you're in. I just hope that you don't run the risk of being persecuted for being an Amateur. I'll say a prayer for your well-being and that of your fellow Catholics there. Welcome to the B-Team!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home