Amateur Catholic

We don't write books or do speaking tours.
In fact, we barely do our jobs.
-We're the B-Team of Catholic Bloggers-

This is the home of the Amateur Catholic® bloggers - or as we like to refer to ourselves, the B-team. We don't write books or do speaking tours. In fact, we barely do our jobs. That's not to say we're unambitious though... You see, this coalition is just the second phase our blogoshpere conquest. We suppose you could think of us as amateur crusaders too.

Membership will not bring you any money, perks, notoriety, or prestige - but you will get the privilege of proudly displaying the B-team badge on your blog! Lucky you, huh?

amateurcatholic @ gmail.com

If you are hosting a conference, parish function, or some other event and can not afford the exorbitant fees typically associated with a Professional Catholic®, please contact one of our members. We like to hear ourselves talk just as much as the Professional Catholics® do, we just don't charge you for it. But hey give us a meal, free beer, and a designated driver, and we'll speak about breaking the Da Vinci Code or anything else you might care to hear about.



The B-Team badge is copryright 2006, The B-Team Bloggers®. Of course, we're Amateur Catholics®, so if you use the badge without permission (enrolled membership), we won't hunt you down and make you cough up your hard-earned bucks. Just have fun with it and maybe buy us a beer next time you're in town.

Powered by Blogger


Friday, June 23, 2006

Amateur Catholic Singles

A much-needed service in St. Blog's is about to be met: Introducing "Amateur Catholic Singles"!

Here's our first entry:
Cannonball Looking for Someone to Light Her Fire:

Find me a single Catholic man 30-45.

I KNOW someone who reads this has to have a brother, cousin, friend, co-worker, sixth cousin twiced removed on their wife's side... Not every man in my age group is married. I know this, I have to beleive this.

Spread the word... post this on your blog "Find the Cannonball a Man". You can start pouring in your offers to solekat205 at yahoo dot com [as well as any questions you may have for me].

After being [secularly] divorced [receiving appropriate annulment] for 2 years this month, I decided [with counsel from my priest] that I was ready to start dating again [I am free to marry with in the catholic church and my status is "single"] & I am imploring everyone's help.

Look at me, look how cute I am (I am the one not wearing a miter). Look how pious and devout I am standing there next to our Bishop... so obediant & faithful.

Funny, smart, orthodox , good husekeeper, lousy cook, and I love monthy python movies and sports. I am the whole package. Who wouldn't want me as their loving loyal wife?
She's definitely a cutey. Come on all you single fellas at St. Blog's! Drop a line to our little cannonball of fire.

13 Comments:

At 6/23/2006 10:04 AM, Blogger The Crescat said...

Brillant idea for a an Ameuter catholic Singles Service.

 
At 6/23/2006 2:30 PM, Blogger F. S. Poesy said...

How about an Amateur Catholic Feed The Bishops Campaign? Somebody please tell that bishop he can stop fasting already and invite him over for dinner, and lots of it!

 
At 6/23/2006 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, Jay, why don't you go and start one? Then you can answer ALL the emails that go along with it.

 
At 6/23/2006 5:31 PM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

Actually, I saw this as a one-time endeavor to help out Carolina Cannonball. Let Ave Maria Singles handle all the others.

 
At 6/25/2006 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cannonball, if it works for you, let me know! I'll start blogging, too. :)

 
At 6/27/2006 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Should a Catholic "singles" service be promoting dating among the (apparently) only "divorced" (not annuled) -- and thus not in fact "single" according to the Catholic faith?

 
At 6/28/2006 11:04 AM, Blogger The Crescat said...

Hello again , "anon". I have repeatedly told you on the mutiple blogs that you have trashed me on that I am free to marry within the Church, received an annullment & have corrected the lack of information left out from my original post.

You apparently have nothing better to do...geesh. You're sad.

 
At 6/28/2006 11:39 AM, Blogger Rick Lugari said...

Gee CC, I bet when you hit "publish" for that post you didn't figure you would be spending the next few weeks doing combox damage control. Too much...

 
At 6/28/2006 12:46 PM, Blogger The Crescat said...

Hey, it ain't all bad. I got more hits in one day then I did the first 3 months of blogging. LOL.

Th only thing I regret is calling "anon" a bitch because I lost any sanity crediablity.

I think the ones defending "anon" failed to realize that by the time I got to that point she had already been to Happy catholic & Pro Eclesia blogs calling me scadelous & repeating her false claims I was married. Then she invited all her friends to come to my blog, Julie's & jay's and trash me some more. So I was infuriated.

It's no big deal... to me anyway. This was MUCh more fun then trolling bars. LMAO.

 
At 6/28/2006 2:02 PM, Blogger Rick Lugari said...

I got more hits in one day then I did the first 3 months of blogging.

Yes, but were any of those hits from Catholic men who don't fart in your general direction, occasionally change their underwear, and are eligible to marry and have the documentation to prove it?

 
At 6/28/2006 5:08 PM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

I've updated the post with Carolina Cannonball's latest additions noting that her "status" is that she is free to remarry in the Church.

Hopefully, that will clear things up for those who were "scandalized".

 
At 6/29/2006 1:38 PM, Blogger The Crescat said...

aelfwine- sorry, I got you confused with some one else.

 
At 7/06/2006 2:44 AM, Blogger Fidei Defensor said...

Catholic singles serivce for B team bloggers may be a good idea, the next generatation of B teamers has to come from somewhere...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home