Amateur Catholic

We don't write books or do speaking tours.
In fact, we barely do our jobs.
-We're the B-Team of Catholic Bloggers-

This is the home of the Amateur Catholic® bloggers - or as we like to refer to ourselves, the B-team. We don't write books or do speaking tours. In fact, we barely do our jobs. That's not to say we're unambitious though... You see, this coalition is just the second phase our blogoshpere conquest. We suppose you could think of us as amateur crusaders too.

Membership will not bring you any money, perks, notoriety, or prestige - but you will get the privilege of proudly displaying the B-team badge on your blog! Lucky you, huh?

amateurcatholic @ gmail.com

If you are hosting a conference, parish function, or some other event and can not afford the exorbitant fees typically associated with a Professional Catholic®, please contact one of our members. We like to hear ourselves talk just as much as the Professional Catholics® do, we just don't charge you for it. But hey give us a meal, free beer, and a designated driver, and we'll speak about breaking the Da Vinci Code or anything else you might care to hear about.



The B-Team badge is copryright 2006, The B-Team Bloggers®. Of course, we're Amateur Catholics®, so if you use the badge without permission (enrolled membership), we won't hunt you down and make you cough up your hard-earned bucks. Just have fun with it and maybe buy us a beer next time you're in town.

Powered by Blogger


Saturday, March 11, 2006

Karen: Amateur Catholic

In fact, I might only be good enough for the "Z" list? Does one such list exist? I really can't even write very well, but just like my Catholic faith, I am still "practicing".

I am a homeschooling mom of 6. So I have lots of free time to blog, especially giving up the monotinous chore of laundry to make room for blogging. I am fairly new to the arena, picking it up last year, writing about my journey through my mother's illness and eventual death last Easter.

I tend to find other places, message boards, other blogs, etc., to be caught in apologetics, which I feel called to, however, can't remember scripture well enough to quote it off the top of my head. I honestly think God does this on purpose so that I'll stay somewhat humble.

My faith is simple. My brain is not. I love the Lord, the Church, my family, and chocolate. Do I qualify?

In Christ,
Karen
www.holyoakhs.blogspot.com
Oh you are sooo B-Team material. One of the marks of a B-Teamer is the ability to dedicate themselves so completely to blogging that they routinely neglect the menial tasks of everyday life. We understand that things like clean clothes and good personal hygiene are okay for some, but generally overrated.

I call what us B-Teamers do The Little Way for Bloggers; small sacrifices done with great love for our blogging apostolate. Because of our Little Way, we know that when we get a hot combox discussion of over 50 posts that God is pleased with our sacrifices and the Blessed Virgin is smiling upon us.

Sometimes, however, there are slow news days, fresh ideas fail to materialize, the hit counter almost seems to be going backward. Do not fear this. It is called the Dark Night of the Blog and it is God's way of strengthening us in our apostolate. When one encounters this it is imperative that they just keep blogging even though they doubt anyone is reading. Do this and the rewards will be sweet.

Welcome to the B-Team, little blogger!

3 Comments:

At 3/11/2006 8:45 AM, Blogger mrsdarwin said...

"The Little Way of Bloggers": that's classic, Rick!

 
At 3/13/2006 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone is always reading what you write - if not anyone on earth, then in heaven the angels are reading it... make sure they are laughing.

 
At 3/16/2006 3:57 PM, Blogger March Hare said...

OMG! ROFLOL! I am ~so~ guilty of not doing housework. Maybe it should be a requirement for membership!

Oh, wait. I think you said that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home