Amateur Catholic

We don't write books or do speaking tours.
In fact, we barely do our jobs.
-We're the B-Team of Catholic Bloggers-

This is the home of the Amateur Catholic® bloggers - or as we like to refer to ourselves, the B-team. We don't write books or do speaking tours. In fact, we barely do our jobs. That's not to say we're unambitious though... You see, this coalition is just the second phase our blogoshpere conquest. We suppose you could think of us as amateur crusaders too.

Membership will not bring you any money, perks, notoriety, or prestige - but you will get the privilege of proudly displaying the B-team badge on your blog! Lucky you, huh?

amateurcatholic @ gmail.com

If you are hosting a conference, parish function, or some other event and can not afford the exorbitant fees typically associated with a Professional Catholic®, please contact one of our members. We like to hear ourselves talk just as much as the Professional Catholics® do, we just don't charge you for it. But hey give us a meal, free beer, and a designated driver, and we'll speak about breaking the Da Vinci Code or anything else you might care to hear about.



The B-Team badge is copryright 2006, The B-Team Bloggers®. Of course, we're Amateur Catholics®, so if you use the badge without permission (enrolled membership), we won't hunt you down and make you cough up your hard-earned bucks. Just have fun with it and maybe buy us a beer next time you're in town.

Powered by Blogger


Friday, March 10, 2006

Steve Bogner: Amateur Catholic

... the more I realize just how amateur I am!

I've been blogging for a couple years now; one of the few Jesuit-groupies out there, or am I the *only* one? I don't know; too busy working my day job to spend much time looking.

My blog was nominated the past couple years for the Catholic Blog Awards but I always lose. I thought maybe this year I could ride Mark Mossa's coat-tails to victory in the Most Devotional category, but to no avail. That's OK though, it's good for my humility.

So, do I have to list my amateur credentials or something like that? Hmmm.... well, I have been published in America Magazine but it was only a letter to the editor.

The B-team idea/icon is great. In the Jesuit way of looking at things, I'm indifferent to actually *having* the icon on my blog. But if it helps advance the kingdom of God, I'm all for it!

Steve Bogner - Catholicism, Spirituality Holiness
Don't worry about having written a letter to the editor of America - almost a year ago someone from the CDF wrote him a letter too and a great many people were pleased. ;)

Welcome to the B-Team, Steve, and sorry about the wait.

7 Comments:

At 3/11/2006 12:39 AM, Blogger Steve Bogner said...

Sorry about the wait? What wait? That was more timely than many things I have to wait for in my life!

But a minor correction - my last name is Bogner; the web site is just the plural of my name.

 
At 3/11/2006 7:00 AM, Blogger Rick Lugari said...

Sorry, Steve. Would you have expected any different? Repeat after me...
Am - a - chure!
or if you want to be one of dem dar fancy folk...
Am - a - too - wer

;)

 
At 3/13/2006 12:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you had "retired," Rick? That, too, would make a lot of people happy!

 
At 3/13/2006 6:26 AM, Blogger Rick Lugari said...

ahh yes... I'm feelin' that love!

Anonymous,

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your ever so gracious sentiments. It's those little acts of love that will pave the way to Heaven for you. Just consider my presence over here for a while as a Lenten penance for you.

God bless you and I'm praying for your well-being.

 
At 3/13/2006 9:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Rick whatever keeps you in the blog world is good enough for me.

Maggie

 
At 3/14/2006 4:00 PM, Blogger ~pen~ said...

rick, i am glad you are here.

(have you rejected any applications lately? just wonderin'...)

 
At 3/14/2006 8:19 PM, Blogger Rick Lugari said...

Thank you ladies. No rejections really. It's just that some folks are a pretty good judge of character or something. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home