Amateur Catholic

We don't write books or do speaking tours.
In fact, we barely do our jobs.
-We're the B-Team of Catholic Bloggers-

This is the home of the Amateur Catholic® bloggers - or as we like to refer to ourselves, the B-team. We don't write books or do speaking tours. In fact, we barely do our jobs. That's not to say we're unambitious though... You see, this coalition is just the second phase our blogoshpere conquest. We suppose you could think of us as amateur crusaders too.

Membership will not bring you any money, perks, notoriety, or prestige - but you will get the privilege of proudly displaying the B-team badge on your blog! Lucky you, huh?

amateurcatholic @ gmail.com

If you are hosting a conference, parish function, or some other event and can not afford the exorbitant fees typically associated with a Professional Catholic®, please contact one of our members. We like to hear ourselves talk just as much as the Professional Catholics® do, we just don't charge you for it. But hey give us a meal, free beer, and a designated driver, and we'll speak about breaking the Da Vinci Code or anything else you might care to hear about.



The B-Team badge is copryright 2006, The B-Team Bloggers®. Of course, we're Amateur Catholics®, so if you use the badge without permission (enrolled membership), we won't hunt you down and make you cough up your hard-earned bucks. Just have fun with it and maybe buy us a beer next time you're in town.

Powered by Blogger


Saturday, March 18, 2006

E. M. Blackstone: Really Amateur Catholic

Imagine the joy I experienced just moments ago when I discovered Amateur Catholic! I have been considering satisfying my blogging needs by focusing on my Catholicism and the faith in general for a while now, and it is so fantastic that I'm not the only college kid who is into it! How do I get in? Must I already have an established Catholic blog? Does someone else have to go pro for me to get a spot? How does this work? Tell me tell me tell me!

Yours in Christ,
E
To which I replied:
Hi E,

Just start blogging. Make it at lease identifiably Catholic and then send us in an "application" or just tell us that you want to be added to the blogroll and that's it.

Happy Feast of Saint Patrick.
EMB writes back with a link to her newly established blog, Substance and Accidents. Her first and only post thus far is her application, which reads:
I skipped four classes this week so that I could sit in my room reading the Catechism and "This is the Faith".
Being around my non-Catholic family last week drove home how important the Lenten tasks of getting closer to God and examining myself really are. I'm on the path to confirmation and it makes my secular Episcopalian/agnostic family itchy.
Since arriving at my "we put the liberal in women's liberal arts college" in Pennsylvania, I have been falling somewhat behind in the self-assigned God Homework I did while living in Cambridge, MA. I had been much more active about my faith while I was there. It helped that my housemate had a mini library of the Magisterium, and was a fellow convert. It also helped that I was a short subway ride away from a Latin Mass community which I absolutely loved.
Sidebar: that church is currently on the chopping block, though it is one of the more historically significant houses of God in the Boston area. If you want to read about it, check out www.holytrinitygerman.org. End of sidebar.
So now I am in Pittsburgh. I am told there is an Indult Mass somewhere, but getting there without a car is next to impossible, and I have yet to find another church-going Catholic anywhere on campus. I'm having a little bit of that Voice Crying Out in the Wilderness Syndrome, and to deal with it I have been retreating into myself and my books.
My school friends don't really get it, but I don't expect them to and I almost don't want them to. Sometimes I don't like having to explain everything, sometimes it is nice to just limit the storytelling folks who speak my language. Which brings me to the point of this entry: hey Amateur Catholic - I know I used the words "Magisterium" and "Indult" but may I please join your way cool blogging community?
Imagine that, someone started a blog for the sole purpose of being a B-Teamer. Lord have mercy on our sorry selves... hehe

Anyway, EM, you may very well be the embodiment of what it means to be an Amateur Catholic blogger. Welcome aboard, and please don't forget to put the badge and link up. In fact, you have available to you a ready made blogroll to install. Have at it, Am-Cath!

2 Comments:

At 3/18/2006 11:56 AM, Blogger owenswain said...

Shouldn't you be sporting the nice little button I made in the side bar so super amateurs like EM can choose between that big honker and it? This poor dear doesn't even have a button on her one post site.

Ooo and in an unrelated plug I should mention the 3 home made buttons for people wanting to promote thedavincioutreach

 
At 3/21/2006 10:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome to the family.


Now the mom in me wants to say

GO TO CLASS for heaven sake!



Maggie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home