Amateur Catholic

We don't write books or do speaking tours.
In fact, we barely do our jobs.
-We're the B-Team of Catholic Bloggers-

This is the home of the Amateur Catholic® bloggers - or as we like to refer to ourselves, the B-team. We don't write books or do speaking tours. In fact, we barely do our jobs. That's not to say we're unambitious though... You see, this coalition is just the second phase our blogoshpere conquest. We suppose you could think of us as amateur crusaders too.

Membership will not bring you any money, perks, notoriety, or prestige - but you will get the privilege of proudly displaying the B-team badge on your blog! Lucky you, huh?

amateurcatholic @ gmail.com

If you are hosting a conference, parish function, or some other event and can not afford the exorbitant fees typically associated with a Professional Catholic®, please contact one of our members. We like to hear ourselves talk just as much as the Professional Catholics® do, we just don't charge you for it. But hey give us a meal, free beer, and a designated driver, and we'll speak about breaking the Da Vinci Code or anything else you might care to hear about.



The B-Team badge is copryright 2006, The B-Team Bloggers®. Of course, we're Amateur Catholics®, so if you use the badge without permission (enrolled membership), we won't hunt you down and make you cough up your hard-earned bucks. Just have fun with it and maybe buy us a beer next time you're in town.

Powered by Blogger


Saturday, April 29, 2006

William Eunice: Amateur Catholic

Subject: two years and still only a handful of readers

This email is a tremendous amount of work you know?

I started my blog Full Circle ( http://earlychurchfathers.org/fullcircle ) in 2004. I think I have about five regular visitors and I am related to most of them. I am thrilled when web searches happen to drive ten visitors by my site on a given day. According to those web searches I find I most often attract visitors who happen to spell church chruch. At one time I was on the short list of happening links for the web search " excuses to avoid the in-laws". I accomplished this without ever including that phrase on my blog. Those were the A days. Since noting it however, I have plummeted from the A-list even on that topic. I am a "Pile of Dirt" in the TTLB ecosystem and I bowl in a league called "Slackers".

I know I could be faulted for running my own website instead of kowtowing to the man by using Blogspot but I pay for it and even though I am a database professional by trade my blog uses only the most recent advances in text file technology. I have even been too lazy to report the trackback bug that exists on my blog to the developer team so I find myself regularly commenting on items that will never be read.

From my about me page:

"I am not a famous apologist or author. I am not even educated in theology, psychology, journalism or English. You have no reason to trust anything that I say."

In light of my overwhelming demonstration of ongoing mediocrity, please add me to the B-Team.


Hey William, welcome to the club. FWIW, though I seldom stop in and comment, I catch up with you via bloglines. In fact, I have used your Early Church Fathers quote matrix as a reference source for some apologetics work, and referred others to it. I'd recommend that all B-Teamers stop by http://www.earlychurchfathers.org/, check it out and bookmark it for later use. Thanks for making that available and welcome again!

3 Comments:

At 4/29/2006 5:10 PM, Blogger Julie D. said...

I confess I also stop by your blog regularly but rarely (maybe never) comment. AND we're not related! :-D

 
At 4/30/2006 11:32 AM, Blogger William Eunice said...

Thanks for adding me and thanks to both of you for stopping by regularly. :) I have figured one thing out in this big blog world of ours. If you regularly post then your number of visitors increases. If you take a substantial break for any reason then people leave. Common sense really. I had a rough/wonderful year last year and I am trying to get back into it.

Also thanks for mentioning the ECF site. That was an unexpected fruit of my reversion back to the faith. I sat up late at night documenting for my own sanity. I never intended to make a site out of it. God paved the path to get it out there and literally brought people to me who were interested in helping with it.

 
At 5/03/2006 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI, this Full Circle guy is actually an A plus Plus PLUS son-in-law, dad, husband, son, employee and friend, so I'm not sure he is actually a B Teamer. Well, hm, he doesn't get paid for writing. Ok, he's on!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home