Amateur Catholic

We don't write books or do speaking tours.
In fact, we barely do our jobs.
-We're the B-Team of Catholic Bloggers-

This is the home of the Amateur Catholic® bloggers - or as we like to refer to ourselves, the B-team. We don't write books or do speaking tours. In fact, we barely do our jobs. That's not to say we're unambitious though... You see, this coalition is just the second phase our blogoshpere conquest. We suppose you could think of us as amateur crusaders too.

Membership will not bring you any money, perks, notoriety, or prestige - but you will get the privilege of proudly displaying the B-team badge on your blog! Lucky you, huh?

amateurcatholic @ gmail.com

If you are hosting a conference, parish function, or some other event and can not afford the exorbitant fees typically associated with a Professional Catholic®, please contact one of our members. We like to hear ourselves talk just as much as the Professional Catholics® do, we just don't charge you for it. But hey give us a meal, free beer, and a designated driver, and we'll speak about breaking the Da Vinci Code or anything else you might care to hear about.



The B-Team badge is copryright 2006, The B-Team Bloggers®. Of course, we're Amateur Catholics®, so if you use the badge without permission (enrolled membership), we won't hunt you down and make you cough up your hard-earned bucks. Just have fun with it and maybe buy us a beer next time you're in town.

Powered by Blogger


Sunday, May 07, 2006

John Bowden: Amateur Catholic

I see, after browsing the sight, that most of the really good amateur spots are already taken. I'm such a classless amateur it took me three trips to get here (darn web, it's so tangled and gnarly) so that's why I'm so late.

Why do I believe I deserve Amateur status? Hard to say really. I don't work hard, I don't play hard, I don't pray hard (ok, sorta don't - daily Rosary and once a week Adoration aren't hard). I don't even blog hard-ly . . . in fact I spend most of my time fooling around for hours just to get some small improvement working correctly on my blog - or worse - recovering from some small improvement!

Indeed, I'm such an amateur that cheating to get readers isn't beyond me. Unfortunately I must also be an amateur cheater 'cause I'm not getting any more readers than I had before I cheated! What's my cheat you say? Well, I took over sponoring Gerard's old "Catholic Bloggers" list - we're (Eric "Funky Dung" Williams and Kathryn "Come on Get" Lively) calling it St. Blog's Parish Directory. Heck, I thought I'd get folks flocking to my site. Nope, same 'ol story - Mr. "Enjoying Being Catholic" is taking all the hits and clicks. Sigh.

So, that's my excuse for being an amateur - I'm just too lazy to be anything else.

Phew! That was like going to confession - sweaty palms, palpitations of the heart, dizziness. What's my penance for being such an amateur?

John
How do you like that? John included a link to an A-Teamer, but didn't include his own. Oh, wait...There's another message from him:
Sheesh - I'm SUCH an amateur - I forgot to include my blog's url

http://stblogsparish.com

Thanks, JB
Ahh, that's better. Sometimes I wonder if you folks are purposely trying to look amateurish just to curry favor or something. Fortunately for you, I'm not very sophisticated, so it works well.

John, we appreciate your service to St. Blogs and are very pleased to have you among us. Your penance for being such an amateur is that you will be placed on the B-Team blogroll, which is akin to wearing the scarlet A - or would that be scarlet B - or just a plain old blue B? Whatever...welcome to the B-Team!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home