Amateur Catholic

We don't write books or do speaking tours.
In fact, we barely do our jobs.
-We're the B-Team of Catholic Bloggers-

This is the home of the Amateur Catholic® bloggers - or as we like to refer to ourselves, the B-team. We don't write books or do speaking tours. In fact, we barely do our jobs. That's not to say we're unambitious though... You see, this coalition is just the second phase our blogoshpere conquest. We suppose you could think of us as amateur crusaders too.

Membership will not bring you any money, perks, notoriety, or prestige - but you will get the privilege of proudly displaying the B-team badge on your blog! Lucky you, huh?

amateurcatholic @ gmail.com

If you are hosting a conference, parish function, or some other event and can not afford the exorbitant fees typically associated with a Professional Catholic®, please contact one of our members. We like to hear ourselves talk just as much as the Professional Catholics® do, we just don't charge you for it. But hey give us a meal, free beer, and a designated driver, and we'll speak about breaking the Da Vinci Code or anything else you might care to hear about.



The B-Team badge is copryright 2006, The B-Team Bloggers®. Of course, we're Amateur Catholics®, so if you use the badge without permission (enrolled membership), we won't hunt you down and make you cough up your hard-earned bucks. Just have fun with it and maybe buy us a beer next time you're in town.

Powered by Blogger


Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Brian Page: Amateur Catholic

Hi. Brian Michael Page here, a cradle Catholic with a team blog related almost entirely to liturgy and music, called "Christus Vincit" - http://christusvincit.blogspot.com .

Currently I am organist and music director at Holy Ghost RC Church in Tiverton, RI. I share this blog with two other Catholic musicians, Nick Basehore and Jason Pennington.

We post everything from music lists for Holy Mass to links to other articles, takes on other articles, and I've even been trying my hand at humor (not that it's anything totally good hehehehe). We rant on music. We rave on music. We just like our liturgies done right.

I also have a liturgy/music podcast, also called "Christus Vincit" - http://cvpodcasting.blogspot.com.

Sorry, but my introductions stink too.
Peace,
BMP
It's a fine introduction, Brian. We're the B-Team, we don't exactly expect Chesterton material from anyone. Welcome to the B-Team. :)

6 Comments:

At 3/07/2006 12:53 PM, Blogger Julie D. said...

Maybe Brian is secret friends with Jay and is practicing self deprecation. If so, I for one, appreciated the lack of commentary about any sort of smells which made it a fantastic intro! :-D

 
At 3/07/2006 1:17 PM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

Hey, I resemble that remark!

So, are you saying my intro would have been "fantastic" sans any reference to urinary problems?

 
At 3/07/2006 1:28 PM, Blogger Der Tommissar said...

There are Catholics named "Pennington"?

Spooky.zk

 
At 3/07/2006 2:24 PM, Blogger Julie D. said...

Just tryin' to keep you down, Jay. Is it working? :-D

 
At 3/08/2006 7:29 AM, Blogger Brian Michael Page said...

Yup - Jason Pennington is a former Lutheran (he even studied in Regensberg) who converted to Catholicism. But, like me, his parish music repertoire has a basic rule - NO HAUGENDAAS (or any other fluffy bland material for that matter)!

Peace,
BMP

 
At 3/08/2006 10:57 PM, Blogger Brian Michael Page said...

(My latest post):
TOP TEN REASONS I AM AN AMATEUR CATHOLIC

10. I go looking nearly in vain for a church that has a God-centered liturgy and not a me-centered liturgy, on days that I am not at the console of the organ.
9. I like my kneelers padded.
8. For years, I have shunned help wanted ads for music directors who play organ AND piano, only to find none of the ads mention only organ
7. I sport a beard at Mass with the attitude that Jesus had one too, citing the "live like Christ" passage in Holy Scripture. However, I refuse to grow my hair too long.
6. My favorite processional hymn registrations include manual stops that are brighter than 8' and pedal stops deeper than 16'
5. I don't limit myself to one set of organ registrations.
4. I made the B-team!
3. My blogging partners and I are re-inventers of the word "snark".
2. I have a two-way conversation with a technological leprechaun with no name while podcasting.
AND THE NUMBER ONE REASON I AM AN AMATEUR CATHOLIC:
1. I write foolish Top Ten Lists like this!

Peace,
BMP

 

Post a Comment

<< Home