Amateur Catholic

We don't write books or do speaking tours.
In fact, we barely do our jobs.
-We're the B-Team of Catholic Bloggers-

This is the home of the Amateur Catholic® bloggers - or as we like to refer to ourselves, the B-team. We don't write books or do speaking tours. In fact, we barely do our jobs. That's not to say we're unambitious though... You see, this coalition is just the second phase our blogoshpere conquest. We suppose you could think of us as amateur crusaders too.

Membership will not bring you any money, perks, notoriety, or prestige - but you will get the privilege of proudly displaying the B-team badge on your blog! Lucky you, huh?

amateurcatholic @ gmail.com

If you are hosting a conference, parish function, or some other event and can not afford the exorbitant fees typically associated with a Professional Catholic®, please contact one of our members. We like to hear ourselves talk just as much as the Professional Catholics® do, we just don't charge you for it. But hey give us a meal, free beer, and a designated driver, and we'll speak about breaking the Da Vinci Code or anything else you might care to hear about.



The B-Team badge is copryright 2006, The B-Team Bloggers®. Of course, we're Amateur Catholics®, so if you use the badge without permission (enrolled membership), we won't hunt you down and make you cough up your hard-earned bucks. Just have fun with it and maybe buy us a beer next time you're in town.

Powered by Blogger


Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Matt Hardesty: Amateur Catholic

Hello,

Well, since this month marks my one year anniversary of being on the blogosphere I would like to celebrate by joining the B-Team and proclaiming my amateurish-ness to the world!

I’m a seminarian at St. Mary’s Seminary & University in Baltimore, MD and here are 10 reasons why I am an amateur:

1. First and foremost, I’m a seminarian at the other St. Mary’s, NOT “the Mount” in Emmitsburg…that makes me pretty darn amateur in many orthodox Catholic circles! (to any formators who read this… just kidding, this is all just for fun!)
1. Case in point:

“Hello, my name is Matt, I’m a seminarian”

“Oh yeah? Great! What seminary do you go to?”

“St. Mary’s in Baltimore, MD”

“Oh! Is that the Mount!? I hear they’re very orthodox!”

“No, that’s Mount St. Mary’s in Emmitsburg, I go to St. Mary’s in Baltimore”

“oh……*silence*”

2. I actually worked for three years in “the real world” rather than go into minor seminary out of high school… way amateur!
3. I’m only in Pre-Theology!
4. I’m one of only two d.b.’s! (ask a seminarian what that means…oh wait…that’s me!)
1. But no worries, I predict that number will be going up…
5. I’ve only had a blog for a year
6. I blog rather than do other things like Latin, Moral Theology, Philosophical Ethics, Latin, Metaphysics, Intro to Scripture, Latin, or Modern Philosophy homework…did I mention Latin homework?
7. I definitely don’t receive any money for my “knowledge”… I’m a poor seminarian!
8. I’m friends with a B-Team Amateur, Amy Lemoine!
9. I’m so amateur I’d ask if being a seminarian qualifies me as being a “professional amateur”?
10. And finally, last and certainly least, I’m so amateur I can’t think of a tenth reason why I’m amateur!

But on the bright side, I love my vocation and I love being a seminarian and I’m totally impressed and inspired by our 20-something generation that is changing this culture all over the place for GOOD and for GOD and His Holy Catholic Church! I’m totally dedicated to applying my amateurish gifts that God has given me to be a force for orthodox Catholic values and hope to one day share in the Holy Priesthood of Christ for the salvation of souls and the greater glory of God!

Go Amateurs!

Go B-Team!

In Jesu, per Mariam,

Matt Hardesty

http://theschoolofmary.blogspot.com

Heh...could be worse, Matt. Imagine the looks you would get if you said you were from St. John's Seminary in Camarillo, CA. Yowsa! ;)

Glad to have you on board, Matt.

5 Comments:

At 3/07/2006 2:05 PM, Blogger Der Tommissar said...

St. Mary's in Baltimore?

That's.....nice.

 
At 3/07/2006 9:38 PM, Blogger ~pen~ said...

i was accepted at Mount St. Mary's in Emmitsburg, Maryland but did not go due to the dysfunctionality of my family (it is always good to lay blame 25 years post-acceptance).

oh, wait.

sorry. i thought you said "The Mount."

~~crickets chirping~~

uh, welcome.

:)

 
At 3/07/2006 10:37 PM, Blogger Meg Q said...

You have to take Latin? Excellent. But then, what else should we expect from the Mount . . .

. . . oh, yeah, you go to St. Mary's *in Baltimore*.

;^)

It *is* better to have that out up front, but OTOH everyone is going to make jokes about it, you know? But, as Rick says, what if you were at St. John's Camarillo? Ouchie. Life could always be worse. (I think I hear my grandmother saying, "Offer it up!")

 
At 3/08/2006 2:01 PM, Blogger Laura H. said...

haha i love this letter. i didnt know matt was part of the b team... now i do!

 
At 4/30/2006 9:25 AM, Blogger Ginny said...

YeH hah, another Trad, welcome aboard

 

Post a Comment

<< Home