Amateur Catholic

We don't write books or do speaking tours.
In fact, we barely do our jobs.
-We're the B-Team of Catholic Bloggers-

This is the home of the Amateur Catholic® bloggers - or as we like to refer to ourselves, the B-team. We don't write books or do speaking tours. In fact, we barely do our jobs. That's not to say we're unambitious though... You see, this coalition is just the second phase our blogoshpere conquest. We suppose you could think of us as amateur crusaders too.

Membership will not bring you any money, perks, notoriety, or prestige - but you will get the privilege of proudly displaying the B-team badge on your blog! Lucky you, huh?

amateurcatholic @ gmail.com

If you are hosting a conference, parish function, or some other event and can not afford the exorbitant fees typically associated with a Professional Catholic®, please contact one of our members. We like to hear ourselves talk just as much as the Professional Catholics® do, we just don't charge you for it. But hey give us a meal, free beer, and a designated driver, and we'll speak about breaking the Da Vinci Code or anything else you might care to hear about.



The B-Team badge is copryright 2006, The B-Team Bloggers®. Of course, we're Amateur Catholics®, so if you use the badge without permission (enrolled membership), we won't hunt you down and make you cough up your hard-earned bucks. Just have fun with it and maybe buy us a beer next time you're in town.

Powered by Blogger


Monday, March 06, 2006

Julie: Amateur Catholic

Hi, I'm Julie, better known in the blog world as AdoroTeDevote, spaces omitted because I normally speak so fast that breathing between sentences is also omitted in my "real world".

I'm going to admit that I want to be a Professional Catholic, and I have published a couple of small works in obscure places...but alas...I have no status either as a writer or as a Catholic. I think Jesus knows me, though..can I use the Blessed Sacrament as a reference to my identity as a Catholic?

I began blogging at the behest of a friend who didn't realize that once I start talking, I can't shut up. And so several months later, here I am, telling people exactly what I think, and a few times I've had to eat humble pie. Not like that's different from my real life, though....the only difference is that now when I have to go find a corner so as to finish off my other foot, you all can't see it because I'm not equipped with video.

In fact, I have absolutely NO technical ability whatsoever. I can't even get my sidebar to work! I'm so amateur that sometimes I wonder how I manage to even turn on this darn contraption.

I grew up in a generation of watered-down Catholic-lite, and when I was honestly seeking my faith, I found nothing but ambivalent articles written by alleged Catholics who preached New Agey non-gospels. Needless to say, it took several years to come back, but now that I'm back, I'm back with a vengeance, and God has seen fit to arm me with a questionable computer and even more questionable "talent", whatever that means. I'm just happy that no one has come along and duct-taped my laptop shut. And it's the one thing in my house my German Shepherd hasn't taken a bite out of.

Now here I am, asking for membership as an Amateur Catholic, and if I can find a technical advisor, I plan to sport the badge proudly right next to the Cardinal Arizne podcast that I am likewise not equipped to hear.

If you want to know anything else about me, just ask, but prepare for a loooooong answer. Come to think of it, I think this is the shortest post I've written in a very long time.

Julie, www.adorotedevote.blogspot.com

Hey...I'm sold, Julie. I mean...why would a Professional Catholic wnat to be on the B-Team anyway? Seems rather counter-productive to me. ;) Welcome aboard and it's nice to meet you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home