Amateur Catholic

We don't write books or do speaking tours.
In fact, we barely do our jobs.
-We're the B-Team of Catholic Bloggers-

This is the home of the Amateur Catholic® bloggers - or as we like to refer to ourselves, the B-team. We don't write books or do speaking tours. In fact, we barely do our jobs. That's not to say we're unambitious though... You see, this coalition is just the second phase our blogoshpere conquest. We suppose you could think of us as amateur crusaders too.

Membership will not bring you any money, perks, notoriety, or prestige - but you will get the privilege of proudly displaying the B-team badge on your blog! Lucky you, huh?

amateurcatholic @ gmail.com

If you are hosting a conference, parish function, or some other event and can not afford the exorbitant fees typically associated with a Professional Catholic®, please contact one of our members. We like to hear ourselves talk just as much as the Professional Catholics® do, we just don't charge you for it. But hey give us a meal, free beer, and a designated driver, and we'll speak about breaking the Da Vinci Code or anything else you might care to hear about.



The B-Team badge is copryright 2006, The B-Team Bloggers®. Of course, we're Amateur Catholics®, so if you use the badge without permission (enrolled membership), we won't hunt you down and make you cough up your hard-earned bucks. Just have fun with it and maybe buy us a beer next time you're in town.

Powered by Blogger


Saturday, March 25, 2006

Joe: Amateur Catholic

Hey.

I blog Catholicly at jmgarciaiii.blogspot.com so...I
implore you for the authorized use of the B-Team logo.

AMDG and thanks and all that,
Joe posted his B-team post here. It reads as follows.
The Killer B's.

Rummaging through Some Have Hats, I have discovered the "B-Team" of Amateur Catholic Bloggers.

I'm not, by nature, "a joiner" of many things. However, Maslow must be given some cred and I must exercise my belongingness needs somehow. Might as well do it this way. After all, said B-Team has many stellar B-Teamers, who blog on all manner of important and weighty subjects, from many different perspectives (including--gasp!--some with which I agree) and do so passionately, elegantly and brilliantly.

Obviously, they need me to balance things out. This, obviously, is an Electronic Work of Mercy (wait for Vatican 3, I'm just ahead of the curve in this regard) on my part. In fact, I consider it a ministry.

Furthermore, to pad my chances, I present the following factoids:

1- I have been educated by Jesuits.
2- I come from a lo-o-o-o-o-ong line of men educated by Jesuits (dating back to Spain & Cuba).
3- My sons (God willing) will be educated by these same Jesuits.
4- With all this Jesuitness, I am an orthodox, moderate-to-traditional Catholic.
5- I still love the Jesuits anyway.
6- What's more, I see no problem or conflict whatsoever between #4 and #5.
7- I teach CCD for 8th Graders who are about to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation. Strictly by virtue of the work of the Holy Spirit, these students seem to learn enough to be ready for this.
8- My Latin is actually coming back to me.
9- I have never (knowingly) committed simony.
10- I have an excellent knowledge of wines and can tell, with the merest sip, the ones that are so abysmal as to be incapable of transubstantiation.
11- I have been blogging, with varying degrees of public notice, since 2004.
12- I have never been arraigned on matters of canon law (now, traffic law, well...)
13- There is no 13, not because I am beholden to any pagan superstitions, but because I'm not taking chances with those maniacs who are.

There you have it.

AMDG,

-J.
Hey Joe, don't worry...we know there are some orthodox Jesuits out there. If we could just get into Area 51 we could find out just how many. ;)

Welcome to the B-Team!

1 Comments:

At 3/25/2006 4:04 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Rick,

I have it on excellent authority (I do, after all, have over a semester and a half of ROTC under my belt) that you may enter Area 51 without much difficulty, provided you can show proof you have already visited Areas 1 through 50.

AMDG, etc.

-J.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home