Amateur Catholic

We don't write books or do speaking tours.
In fact, we barely do our jobs.
-We're the B-Team of Catholic Bloggers-

This is the home of the Amateur Catholic® bloggers - or as we like to refer to ourselves, the B-team. We don't write books or do speaking tours. In fact, we barely do our jobs. That's not to say we're unambitious though... You see, this coalition is just the second phase our blogoshpere conquest. We suppose you could think of us as amateur crusaders too.

Membership will not bring you any money, perks, notoriety, or prestige - but you will get the privilege of proudly displaying the B-team badge on your blog! Lucky you, huh?

amateurcatholic @ gmail.com

If you are hosting a conference, parish function, or some other event and can not afford the exorbitant fees typically associated with a Professional Catholic®, please contact one of our members. We like to hear ourselves talk just as much as the Professional Catholics® do, we just don't charge you for it. But hey give us a meal, free beer, and a designated driver, and we'll speak about breaking the Da Vinci Code or anything else you might care to hear about.



The B-Team badge is copryright 2006, The B-Team Bloggers®. Of course, we're Amateur Catholics®, so if you use the badge without permission (enrolled membership), we won't hunt you down and make you cough up your hard-earned bucks. Just have fun with it and maybe buy us a beer next time you're in town.

Powered by Blogger


Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Audrey: Amateur Catholic

Hello to the President of B-Team!

I'm writing to apply for the membership of B-Team.

I'm pretty new to blogging. I started off blogging about everything else but the Catholic faith. Just a few months back, I decided to focus my blog solely on our Faith. My only purpose of blogging is to share my experiences and thoughts with youths around my age. Here's my humble blog with a humble name: My Journey.

I guess I'm the first youth in my archdiocese to blog. I serve the Lord in Parish Youth Ministry and the Choir. I like to stay online for long hours to read other Catholic blogs and also to blog, and that has actually earned me scoldings from my parents because we're still using dialup and it's kind of expensive. But despite the naggings and scoldings of my parents and weird looks of my friends, I still love blogging especially to tell the whole world about God's love.

Am I qualified? I'm from Borneo, Malaysia and my command of English is really bad...

God bless!
Audrey
Well Audrey, we don't have a president here because that sounds rather professional - and we wouldn't want that. It's good to have you, welcome to the B-Team. Don't forget to put up your badge to proudly display your amateur status.

12 Comments:

At 3/22/2006 8:51 AM, Blogger DP said...

I'm so amateur I need help figuring out how to put the button with the link to http://amateurcatholic.blogspot.com/ in the sidebar of my blog. Help?!

By the way Audrey, don't worry about the nagging parents. When you go off to university your parents will be happy to see your blog updated every twenty minutes and know that you're alive. Until they realize that you're not exactly studying as you should be. Welcome to the team! :-)

 
At 3/22/2006 9:23 AM, Blogger owenswain said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3/22/2006 9:25 AM, Blogger owenswain said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3/22/2006 9:29 AM, Blogger owenswain said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3/22/2006 9:33 AM, Blogger owenswain said...

OK, what I have been trying to say, dear Audrey is that if you will visit luminousmiseries.ca and look in the right hand side bar, you will see a link for AC BTeam "Get Button Code" and there you'll find out exactly how you can place button code in your blogger blog. Oh look, this comment didn't get stripped! Cool.

 
At 3/22/2006 10:26 AM, Blogger Rick Lugari said...

Dilexitprior,

Owen here seems to be ashamed of being a B-teamer and has been trolling the comboxes pushing the use of the micro version of the badge he created. It's really neat because it looks like an RSS tag, but unfortunately, unless somebody is quite familiar with the B-Team they won't know what it is. It also doesn't have Maureen's clever byline that everyone loves.

So anyway, you can just go to this post here and get the code for whichever badge you would like (including Owen's).

All you have to do is copy the appropriate code and paste it into the sidebar section of your template. If you want to add the blogroll too, you can get the code here.

Make sure you back up (copy and paste to notepad- then save) your template before you make any changes.

 
At 3/22/2006 12:19 PM, Blogger DP said...

Yay! Thank-you!!! You guys are awesome. Even an amateur like me was able to figure it out. (Ok, copy and paste, sounds simple...but it took a little effort on my part.)

 
At 3/22/2006 4:39 PM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

Can I be the mayor of the B-Team?

 
At 3/22/2006 11:08 PM, Blogger Fidei Defensor said...

Don't let this President Modesty fool u! Rick see's himself as something of the next Holy Roman Emperor.

I do wish him well though!

 
At 3/22/2006 11:36 PM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

"Rick sees himself as something of the next Holy Roman Emperor."

At least I have experience with being mayor.

 
At 3/24/2006 10:02 PM, Blogger Audrey Yu said...

Owhh... all of you are such nice people... *gave everyone a hug* Thank you for the warm warm welcome! =)

Ok President... errm, I mean Rick, I'll get the buttons up a.s.a.p. :)

 
At 3/24/2006 10:09 PM, Blogger Audrey Yu said...

Owen, you know what, I sort of agree with you... it's BIG! Hehe. =P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home