Amateur Catholic

We don't write books or do speaking tours.
In fact, we barely do our jobs.
-We're the B-Team of Catholic Bloggers-

This is the home of the Amateur Catholic® bloggers - or as we like to refer to ourselves, the B-team. We don't write books or do speaking tours. In fact, we barely do our jobs. That's not to say we're unambitious though... You see, this coalition is just the second phase our blogoshpere conquest. We suppose you could think of us as amateur crusaders too.

Membership will not bring you any money, perks, notoriety, or prestige - but you will get the privilege of proudly displaying the B-team badge on your blog! Lucky you, huh?

amateurcatholic @ gmail.com

If you are hosting a conference, parish function, or some other event and can not afford the exorbitant fees typically associated with a Professional Catholic®, please contact one of our members. We like to hear ourselves talk just as much as the Professional Catholics® do, we just don't charge you for it. But hey give us a meal, free beer, and a designated driver, and we'll speak about breaking the Da Vinci Code or anything else you might care to hear about.



The B-Team badge is copryright 2006, The B-Team Bloggers®. Of course, we're Amateur Catholics®, so if you use the badge without permission (enrolled membership), we won't hunt you down and make you cough up your hard-earned bucks. Just have fun with it and maybe buy us a beer next time you're in town.

Powered by Blogger


Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Amy Giglio -- Amateur Catholic

hey everyone!

I think I qualify as an amateur Catholic. I am a paid parish DRE, but I do not have a degree in theology. I have never been paid to speak anywhere, but I have forced people to listen to me speak at various parent sacramental prep meetings. They did not fall asleep, but I don't think they paid attention based on the phone calls I get.

I have been keeping a blog for almost a year now (http://mommythedre.blogspot.com). I started the RC Mommy blog because I read about last year's blog awards and I thought it would be cool to win one. Alas, I haven't been noticed. I would like to say with sincerity that it doesn't matter if I get nominated for one or not, but I don't like to lie. It does stink to see the same people nominated for blog awards every year, no matter how much I enjoy their blogs.

Man, I'm just trying to make my way, to do what the Lord wants me to do when He wants me to do it and not to drive people away from the Church through my ministry. It doesn't get much more amateur than that.

She's from Philly, and as we all know Philadelphians get a step up on being Catholics.

2 Comments:

At 3/07/2006 4:53 PM, Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

For real, Tom?
What about those of us who live just EAST of Philly? Do we get that automatic edge, too? I can use all the help I can get!

 
At 3/07/2006 5:19 PM, Blogger Amy Giglio said...

Barb, we all know that South Jersey is really Philadelphia East. Just like North Jersey is New York West (there's even a city called West New York, NJ!). I'd give you the edge, but I'm going to leave the final decision up to Tom, the other Child of Krol on the B Team.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home