Amateur Catholic

We don't write books or do speaking tours.
In fact, we barely do our jobs.
-We're the B-Team of Catholic Bloggers-

This is the home of the Amateur Catholic® bloggers - or as we like to refer to ourselves, the B-team. We don't write books or do speaking tours. In fact, we barely do our jobs. That's not to say we're unambitious though... You see, this coalition is just the second phase our blogoshpere conquest. We suppose you could think of us as amateur crusaders too.

Membership will not bring you any money, perks, notoriety, or prestige - but you will get the privilege of proudly displaying the B-team badge on your blog! Lucky you, huh?

amateurcatholic @ gmail.com

If you are hosting a conference, parish function, or some other event and can not afford the exorbitant fees typically associated with a Professional Catholic®, please contact one of our members. We like to hear ourselves talk just as much as the Professional Catholics® do, we just don't charge you for it. But hey give us a meal, free beer, and a designated driver, and we'll speak about breaking the Da Vinci Code or anything else you might care to hear about.



The B-Team badge is copryright 2006, The B-Team Bloggers®. Of course, we're Amateur Catholics®, so if you use the badge without permission (enrolled membership), we won't hunt you down and make you cough up your hard-earned bucks. Just have fun with it and maybe buy us a beer next time you're in town.

Powered by Blogger


Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Owen Swain: Amateur Catholic

Look, I'm perfect for this, perfect. I was a professional Protestant minister for 22 years, now, well I'm an unemployed Catholic with no as*peration to the priesthood but a love for the Liturgy Of The Hours, my family, the Catholic Church {of which I am now officially a part} and I am a visual artist. I tell my sorry story on luminousmiseries.ca and post on onionboy.ca

I have this kinda flippant yet apostolically approved side that I don't let out of the closest much at either site and that might just be able to have a blast here.

My priest says I have "a strong Catholic sensbility"; hope that won't disqualify me. I have spoken once and will once again speak at a Catholic Men's Breakfast; hope that won't take me out of the running either. I'm 47; oh just you clamp it. I'm was born in the country I now live in and have never lived anywhere else though I hear places outside of our totalitarian Canada can be nice if you have the money to pay for health care. I didn't spell check this but that doesn't in itself make me a losser. The last thing I need to do right now is spend time on another blog. However, if any of the above eliminates me I still win because I will therefore be more amateur and Amateur Catholic than every one of you.

Oh, I also take part in the group blog Per Christum but they will probably disown me after this. Go B Team, yeah.*
Wow, Owen, this is a new side of you ... and it fits right in. Welcome!

2 Comments:

At 3/07/2006 3:44 PM, Blogger ~pen~ said...

"oh, just you clamp it"????

OMG I AM DYING :)

yay, owen! good to see this side of you, too.........

 
At 3/07/2006 6:16 PM, Blogger owenswain said...

Like thanks for the giant sized button but it's a tad too many 100 pixels too big for my blog. In the spirit of amateurism I therefore made this normal size button ''onionboy.typepad.com/AC_BUTTN.jpg'' that I invite anyone to go and download, if the Charter Amateurs sanction it. Since html get's stripped just remember to put an h t t p : / / ahead of the partial link above.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home