Amateur Catholic

We don't write books or do speaking tours.
In fact, we barely do our jobs.
-We're the B-Team of Catholic Bloggers-

This is the home of the Amateur Catholic® bloggers - or as we like to refer to ourselves, the B-team. We don't write books or do speaking tours. In fact, we barely do our jobs. That's not to say we're unambitious though... You see, this coalition is just the second phase our blogoshpere conquest. We suppose you could think of us as amateur crusaders too.

Membership will not bring you any money, perks, notoriety, or prestige - but you will get the privilege of proudly displaying the B-team badge on your blog! Lucky you, huh?

amateurcatholic @ gmail.com

If you are hosting a conference, parish function, or some other event and can not afford the exorbitant fees typically associated with a Professional Catholic®, please contact one of our members. We like to hear ourselves talk just as much as the Professional Catholics® do, we just don't charge you for it. But hey give us a meal, free beer, and a designated driver, and we'll speak about breaking the Da Vinci Code or anything else you might care to hear about.



The B-Team badge is copryright 2006, The B-Team Bloggers®. Of course, we're Amateur Catholics®, so if you use the badge without permission (enrolled membership), we won't hunt you down and make you cough up your hard-earned bucks. Just have fun with it and maybe buy us a beer next time you're in town.

Powered by Blogger


Monday, March 06, 2006

Barb, the SFO Mom: Amateur Catholic

I wish to submit my application to join the Amateur Catholics and display the B Team logo on my blog, http://www.sfomom.blogspot.com/

As a "stay at home mom" who despite that title doesn't seem to BE at home very much, I know firsthand about not being financially compensated for the work I do. But frankly, I do stuff that I'd never do if you paid me--because I'm the Mom, and I love my family. Even when they are afraid of monsters and won't go to the bathroom alone, or are going through their hypochondriac phase and require their temperature taken three times a day (at least we don't use rectal thermometers!), or can't seem to understand that Teenage Boys Cannot Live by Video Games Alone, they're still MY family.

And I'll always be an Amateur, because there's always something else to learn. God's definitely not finished with me yet.

Sincerely,
Barb, the SFO Mom
Editor note: Humble stuff, huh? I replied to Barb via e-mail with, "Welcome aboard, Barb. you're already "Professional Amateur"...I mean Francis and Anthony would have it no other way. :)" Here was her humble reply:
Wow!
Thanks :)
But remember, Franciscans are always considered to be "in formation." Amateur Amateur would have suited just fine!
What a humble gal. Welcome Barb. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home