Amateur Catholic

We don't write books or do speaking tours.
In fact, we barely do our jobs.
-We're the B-Team of Catholic Bloggers-

This is the home of the Amateur Catholic® bloggers - or as we like to refer to ourselves, the B-team. We don't write books or do speaking tours. In fact, we barely do our jobs. That's not to say we're unambitious though... You see, this coalition is just the second phase our blogoshpere conquest. We suppose you could think of us as amateur crusaders too.

Membership will not bring you any money, perks, notoriety, or prestige - but you will get the privilege of proudly displaying the B-team badge on your blog! Lucky you, huh?

amateurcatholic @ gmail.com

If you are hosting a conference, parish function, or some other event and can not afford the exorbitant fees typically associated with a Professional Catholic®, please contact one of our members. We like to hear ourselves talk just as much as the Professional Catholics® do, we just don't charge you for it. But hey give us a meal, free beer, and a designated driver, and we'll speak about breaking the Da Vinci Code or anything else you might care to hear about.



The B-Team badge is copryright 2006, The B-Team Bloggers®. Of course, we're Amateur Catholics®, so if you use the badge without permission (enrolled membership), we won't hunt you down and make you cough up your hard-earned bucks. Just have fun with it and maybe buy us a beer next time you're in town.

Powered by Blogger


Saturday, March 25, 2006

Ironic Catholic: Amateur Catholic

Hi amateur Catholic! Can I be included?

Reasons why I can be a B team Catholic--

1. I've gotten Bs in school
2. I'm thinking about writing a steamy love letter to my husband on my blog. Maybe that will get people reading
3. Definitely got picked in ...let's say the last quadrant...of Phys Ed games at school
4. My son's name begins with a B
5. I like honey, therefore I must like bees, so the Bee team sounds perfect
6. Couldn't handle the pressure of being "A" team
7. Most of my favorite words have a B in them

Is that pathetic enough? Please?

I'm a teacher (according to the IRS) and a Vatican II lovin cradle Catholic. My blog is clean late night fun for me...that's about it.

In Christ's Peace, I.C. (The Ironic Catholic)
www.ironiccatholic.blogspot.com
Part 2:
I just remembered...in the interests of total disclosure, I HAVE written a book. But seriously, I think maybe 20 people tops bought it, and most of them were family.

I hope I can still B. When you think about, there is nothing says B team like a totally failed author...right...?

I.C.
www.ironiccatholic.blogspot.com

p.s. I.C. : obviously that's pseudonym. Trying to avoid the theological bricks being thrown through my virtual windows.
Funny stuff you've got going on there, IC. Your material is in the vein of our very own Maureen Martin, who coined the B-team byline. I think having written a book that nobody has read is testament enough to your amateur status, so welcome aboard!

3 Comments:

At 3/25/2006 5:15 PM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

"I'm thinking about writing a steamy love letter to my husband on my blog. Maybe that will get people reading ..."

Nah, just put up a picture of a scantily-clad female. That usually does the trick for me.
;)

 
At 3/25/2006 9:27 PM, Blogger The Ironic Catholic said...

Ha!

Thank you thank you, for admission to your hallowed halls and the compliment! I can go to sleep a happy woman.

But let me tell ya--I read Maureen Martin's blog, and she's the queen of this style of writing. The A team, regardless of cool buttons. I am a mere lady in waiting....

p.s. obviously B team cause I can't get this comment function to work! Augh!

 
At 3/25/2006 9:50 PM, Blogger Rick Lugari said...

She's certainly talented, but I can vouch for her, about the only pay she gets for the valuable service she provides is being flamed by irate Muslims and Mormons over posts about cartoons and by angry EME priestess wannabes who don't take kindly to any suggestion that they aren't necessary or should be truly extra-ordinary. Poor girl.

Anyway, I like your stuff and in my opinion there is always plenty of room for some humor and levity around St. Blog's. Be sure to check out Lispers in the Woggia, if you're familiar with the inspiration for it you'll get a real kick out of it. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home