Amateur Catholic

We don't write books or do speaking tours.
In fact, we barely do our jobs.
-We're the B-Team of Catholic Bloggers-

This is the home of the Amateur Catholic® bloggers - or as we like to refer to ourselves, the B-team. We don't write books or do speaking tours. In fact, we barely do our jobs. That's not to say we're unambitious though... You see, this coalition is just the second phase our blogoshpere conquest. We suppose you could think of us as amateur crusaders too.

Membership will not bring you any money, perks, notoriety, or prestige - but you will get the privilege of proudly displaying the B-team badge on your blog! Lucky you, huh?

amateurcatholic @ gmail.com

If you are hosting a conference, parish function, or some other event and can not afford the exorbitant fees typically associated with a Professional Catholic®, please contact one of our members. We like to hear ourselves talk just as much as the Professional Catholics® do, we just don't charge you for it. But hey give us a meal, free beer, and a designated driver, and we'll speak about breaking the Da Vinci Code or anything else you might care to hear about.



The B-Team badge is copryright 2006, The B-Team Bloggers®. Of course, we're Amateur Catholics®, so if you use the badge without permission (enrolled membership), we won't hunt you down and make you cough up your hard-earned bucks. Just have fun with it and maybe buy us a beer next time you're in town.

Powered by Blogger


Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Marcus Scotus: Amateur Catholic

I think that I qualify as an Amateur Catholic, although I once interviewed for a job at the Archdiocese. My blog, "Rome of the West" is made of a mix of photographs and prose. Of my writing, Mark Grimsley called it "heavily didactic, full of sweeping generalizations, and somewhat off-putting", and even my closest friends say it is confused and unreadable, but otherwise my parents are proud of me. I try to put a joke in nearly every posting, but no one ever gets it. The most common comment I get about my blog is that I should be wearing a suit and time in my photo. Occasionally I get positive comments about my photographs of old Saint Louis Catholic churches, but I have been criticized for not taking photos of churches in other cities thousands of miles from me.

http://saint-louis.blogspot.com
It sounds as if you have grasped the "amateur" concept firmly and are making great inroads. Welcome aboard!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home