Amateur Catholic

We don't write books or do speaking tours.
In fact, we barely do our jobs.
-We're the B-Team of Catholic Bloggers-

This is the home of the Amateur Catholic® bloggers - or as we like to refer to ourselves, the B-team. We don't write books or do speaking tours. In fact, we barely do our jobs. That's not to say we're unambitious though... You see, this coalition is just the second phase our blogoshpere conquest. We suppose you could think of us as amateur crusaders too.

Membership will not bring you any money, perks, notoriety, or prestige - but you will get the privilege of proudly displaying the B-team badge on your blog! Lucky you, huh?

amateurcatholic @ gmail.com

If you are hosting a conference, parish function, or some other event and can not afford the exorbitant fees typically associated with a Professional Catholic®, please contact one of our members. We like to hear ourselves talk just as much as the Professional Catholics® do, we just don't charge you for it. But hey give us a meal, free beer, and a designated driver, and we'll speak about breaking the Da Vinci Code or anything else you might care to hear about.



The B-Team badge is copryright 2006, The B-Team Bloggers®. Of course, we're Amateur Catholics®, so if you use the badge without permission (enrolled membership), we won't hunt you down and make you cough up your hard-earned bucks. Just have fun with it and maybe buy us a beer next time you're in town.

Powered by Blogger


Thursday, March 09, 2006

Ron Rolling: Amateur Catholic & Available Choir Director

Please accept my humble application as an Amateur Catholic.

I am an amateur because of my non-existant training in liturgy,
theology, cathechism, apologetics, and the other disciplines which set
the Professional Catholic apart from us.

I am an amateur because I am not a good writer.

I am an amateur because I still am a "practicing" Catholic. I need all
the practice I can get.

I am an amateur because I have not learned the Two Great Commandments
well enough.

I am an amateur, in the truest sense of the world. For the love of God.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to your
reply.

In God's Love,

Ron Rolling, 'Blogmaster
A Wing And A Prayer
http://awingandaprayer.blogspot.com
Hey there, Ron. I was getting worried that I was going to have to drag you into this kicking and screaming (and that goes for M.Z. as well). We know you're an amateur because we know the kind of company you keep. Be sure to get the code below and put the badge up. I don't know if it will do you any good or not, because to the best of my knowledge it hasn't benefitted anyone yet - and it's doubtful it ever will. But hey, sometimes we just like to have a little light-hearted fun. ;) Welcome aboard, friend.

I ask all of you readers to please pray for Ron. He has been unemployed in a tight market for a while now, and he could really use our prayers, even if they are rather amateurish. [In case you're wondering, no, it's not because of his blogging - Ron is actually one of the few bloggers out there who knows something about moderation. And he thinks he's an amateur? Go figure.] I don't hesitate to ask because we are the Church Militant after all, and that's what we do. Hmmm...I wonder if as far as the B-Team goes, it would actually be considered the Church Militia. You know, a volunteer squad of amateur soldiers. Seems about right...

2 Comments:

At 3/10/2006 9:56 AM, Blogger Ron Rolling said...

Hey, can we not look too amateurish? At least spell my name correctly! (In both instances, please. Yes, I know I goofed in my application.)

 
At 3/10/2006 10:05 AM, Blogger Rick Lugari said...

LMAO! I'm sorry Ron. Really and truly. But I can't tell you how much delight I am taking in your error. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home