Amateur Catholic

We don't write books or do speaking tours.
In fact, we barely do our jobs.
-We're the B-Team of Catholic Bloggers-

This is the home of the Amateur Catholic® bloggers - or as we like to refer to ourselves, the B-team. We don't write books or do speaking tours. In fact, we barely do our jobs. That's not to say we're unambitious though... You see, this coalition is just the second phase our blogoshpere conquest. We suppose you could think of us as amateur crusaders too.

Membership will not bring you any money, perks, notoriety, or prestige - but you will get the privilege of proudly displaying the B-team badge on your blog! Lucky you, huh?

amateurcatholic @ gmail.com

If you are hosting a conference, parish function, or some other event and can not afford the exorbitant fees typically associated with a Professional Catholic®, please contact one of our members. We like to hear ourselves talk just as much as the Professional Catholics® do, we just don't charge you for it. But hey give us a meal, free beer, and a designated driver, and we'll speak about breaking the Da Vinci Code or anything else you might care to hear about.



The B-Team badge is copryright 2006, The B-Team Bloggers®. Of course, we're Amateur Catholics®, so if you use the badge without permission (enrolled membership), we won't hunt you down and make you cough up your hard-earned bucks. Just have fun with it and maybe buy us a beer next time you're in town.

Powered by Blogger


Friday, March 10, 2006

Elena: Amateur Catholic

Greetings!

I found you through Julie, the Happy Catholic and I would humbly like to submit my application as an Amateur Catholic!

I definitely qualify! I am a survivor of the post-Vatican II, Kumbaya, "let's make burlap and felt banners because we don't know what to teach the kids any more" catechesis, having graduated from high school just shortly after Godspell and Jesus Christ Superstar hit the screens.

I spent my early adulthood thinking I'm OK and You're OK and didn't have a clue about what my Catholic faith taught and didn't think about it too much either. That all ended when my sister left the church and started challenging me about what the church taught. By the grace of the Holy Spirit and some common sense, I knew that even if I didn't know why the church taught something, I was pretty sure it didn't just make all that stuff up! And I started to look for the answers.

I am therefore a self-taught Catholic in the neoclassic mode of Professor Scott Hahn.

I have six living children that I am trying to pass the faith onto - many times learning a few things myself as I go along!

I have been blogging for a little over 2 years and get about 100 hits a day. I've made a little money from blogging, but not enough to fill up the gas tank for my 15 passenger Dodge Ram even twice!

I blog at My Domestic Church, mostly about stuff that interests me. I have taken my proverbial thumps though sparring with JCecil (who said my "witness is horrendous") objecting to the early induction of children with anomalies (ad hominem attacks too numerous to mention) and speaking against abortion (where I was told there weren't enough Crayola crayons to color in my particular shade of stupid!).

With that, I humbly submit my application to hang with the B team!


Elena
Woohoo, I've been waiting for you, Elena! You just bring that domestic church right on board with you. Welcome to the B-Team!

2 Comments:

At 3/10/2006 11:58 AM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

When I saw your post at your blog regarding making the Blog Awards more "amateur" friendly, I hoped you'd find your way to Amateur Catholic.

Welcome!

 
At 3/10/2006 12:03 PM, Blogger Elena LaVictoire said...

Thank you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home