Amateur Catholic

We don't write books or do speaking tours.
In fact, we barely do our jobs.
-We're the B-Team of Catholic Bloggers-

This is the home of the Amateur Catholic® bloggers - or as we like to refer to ourselves, the B-team. We don't write books or do speaking tours. In fact, we barely do our jobs. That's not to say we're unambitious though... You see, this coalition is just the second phase our blogoshpere conquest. We suppose you could think of us as amateur crusaders too.

Membership will not bring you any money, perks, notoriety, or prestige - but you will get the privilege of proudly displaying the B-team badge on your blog! Lucky you, huh?

amateurcatholic @ gmail.com

If you are hosting a conference, parish function, or some other event and can not afford the exorbitant fees typically associated with a Professional Catholic®, please contact one of our members. We like to hear ourselves talk just as much as the Professional Catholics® do, we just don't charge you for it. But hey give us a meal, free beer, and a designated driver, and we'll speak about breaking the Da Vinci Code or anything else you might care to hear about.



The B-Team badge is copryright 2006, The B-Team Bloggers®. Of course, we're Amateur Catholics®, so if you use the badge without permission (enrolled membership), we won't hunt you down and make you cough up your hard-earned bucks. Just have fun with it and maybe buy us a beer next time you're in town.

Powered by Blogger


Friday, March 10, 2006

"Annie Mockingbird", Amateur Catholic

My real name is Celia DeWoody, but I blog as Annie Mockingbird at
www.xanga.com/anniemockingbird


I've been blogging on Xanga for about a year now, sometimes about Catholic topics. A nominal cradle Catholic,I came back to the Catholic Church in 1997 after about 25 years as a Methodist. I am in love with being a Catholic, but I'm definitely not a pro! I came back into the Church in the Diocese of Jackson in Mississippi, but moved to the Ozarks in January and am now a happy member of the Diocese of Little Rock.

I'm really getting into the Rosary lately, and wrote a little about that the other day. I'm finding other Christian blogs a real source of encouragement, and a goldmine of opportunities for me to try to give a word of encouragement here and there, or to find things that I really feel the need to pray for.

Keep up the good work, and THANKS!

Celia (aka Annie)

Welcome to the B-Team, Annie/Celia! We love those evangelical converts and reverts here at Amateur Catholic, especially since I'm a convert myself.

Please be aware, however, that I have it on good authority from some of our "reformed" brethren that the Holy Spirit would NEVER lead a truly "saved" person into the Roman Catholic Church. Funny, but I couldn't find that little tidbit anywhere in the Bible.

;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home