Amateur Catholic

We don't write books or do speaking tours.
In fact, we barely do our jobs.
-We're the B-Team of Catholic Bloggers-

This is the home of the Amateur Catholic® bloggers - or as we like to refer to ourselves, the B-team. We don't write books or do speaking tours. In fact, we barely do our jobs. That's not to say we're unambitious though... You see, this coalition is just the second phase our blogoshpere conquest. We suppose you could think of us as amateur crusaders too.

Membership will not bring you any money, perks, notoriety, or prestige - but you will get the privilege of proudly displaying the B-team badge on your blog! Lucky you, huh?

amateurcatholic @ gmail.com

If you are hosting a conference, parish function, or some other event and can not afford the exorbitant fees typically associated with a Professional Catholic®, please contact one of our members. We like to hear ourselves talk just as much as the Professional Catholics® do, we just don't charge you for it. But hey give us a meal, free beer, and a designated driver, and we'll speak about breaking the Da Vinci Code or anything else you might care to hear about.



The B-Team badge is copryright 2006, The B-Team Bloggers®. Of course, we're Amateur Catholics®, so if you use the badge without permission (enrolled membership), we won't hunt you down and make you cough up your hard-earned bucks. Just have fun with it and maybe buy us a beer next time you're in town.

Powered by Blogger


Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Claude Muncey: Amateur Catholic

I'm happy to apply to vault all the way to the second string of Catholic bloggers, having spent several years further down in the food chain, to mix metaphors. Which is almost as fun as mixing a drink . . .

While I have been blogging on and off since 2001 (with lots of off the first couple of years) I have managed to avoid any awards, and with due care should be able to avoid such awards for the forseeable future. I did manage to accumulate some google juice, as well as vertebrate status from TTLB, on my former blog, One Pilgrim's Walk. However, that blog was hosted on manilasites.com, and their decision to stop free hosting (I'm not only amateur, I'm cheap) stimulated a move. I now blog at Semina Verbi, with no Google rating at all, which makes me even more amateur. I tend to concentrate on ministry in our current culture, links to the strange, interesting quotes, and my continuing struggles with trying to get my blogger template to pass the W3C HTML validator. (At the current rate, that alone could take years.)

Completing my status as an amateur Catholic (professional or amateur, your pick) is that currently the cash flow associated with my Catholicism is strictly one way, from me to the Church and various bookstores. It is true that my wife and I have applied to start the discernment process for the diaconate, but that is years off, and they don't tend to pay deacons, either. I'll have to keep programming, I guess.

Claude Muncey
All my money flows to the Church and bookstores too. Brother! Welcome to our ranks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home